Apparently I'm 'white washed'

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Felt, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Because of the way I speak, and because I don't have an accent like I used to.

I'm son to immigrants, and I was raised in Hayward but after sixth grade I went to school in Castro Valley and Dublin.

I guess it's had an effect on the way I speak ..

At this party I went to in Hayward about a month or two ago ..I started talking to this female and she asked my name ..and I said, "Jesus [hey-zuz]".

And she had this offended look on her face like wtf?!
    She straight up told me, "man you white washed, being brown and speakn like that .."

Apparently I should've pronounced my name in spanish instead of english ...and spoken with an accent and shit like the majority of latin people do in Hayward ..

And this female that sits next to me in math told me the same thing this morning.

What the fuck?

Fuck you for coming at me like that.
    I'm not fuckin white washed because I don't have a fuckn accent when I speak.

I guess I'm less of a pisa because I don't speak 'brown' enough :confused_2:

Pisa means someone from the same land/area/country as you are.
    It doesn't mean being mexican ..pick up a dictionary.

2. fuck them, as long as you stay in school and make that money who gives a shit what they think!! stay strong man.

3. hah, thanks man :D

4. yea who gives a fuck. dont let that stuff get to you. if someone else comments to you that you arent speaking the way they think you should then tell them they can fuck off. this is america what difference does it make that you are speaking perfect english.

5. Did you tell them? You told them "fuck you" instead of coming at them over the internet all white washed like...

6. yeah foreal, thanks

I told the 2nd girl to fuck off ina playful manner and told her she was mad cuz she can't speak well ..

But I didn't get mad nd shit ..I didn't really start thinkn about it till after.

I'm over it.

7. You're right. But seriously, saying "Jee-zuz" sounds plain silly when you're referring to yourself. It sounds silly regardless of it's your name or not. "Heh-sus" sounds more correct. Not because you're "white washed" though. I would "white washed" that ho in the face if she said that to me though.

8. Dude fuck everyone else. Be who you want to be. :p

9. You talk like the place you've been in. And who the fuck cares how anyone talks. As long as they talk intelligently, what does it matter?

10. these people obviously need to go someplace nice and quiet and fuck themselves.

be who you want to be and stand up for it if challenged. the next time someone says you're too white tell them they're a damn racist and your goal is to be someone you like being and not a racist ass.

11. Lol i feel you bro, im also of hispanic decent and all my cousins give me shit cuz of the way i speak. Proper i guess. idgaf though. white washed,lmfao thats shits funy to me, dont sweat them though. my name is Octavio, I pronounce it Awk-tay-veo, spanish or english i dont really care. anyways thats cool man, my girlfriend lives in Dublin :hello:

12. sounds like shes a moron, i dont associate with people like that haha

13. Yeah, next time I'm just going back hand someone:p

haha, that's whsup!
    small world:)

eh, people get looked down upon either way, know what I'm saying?

I'm about as brown as the next person is, but you wouldn't know that till I speak.
    Certain pricks 'll be a lot nicer when they hear me talk.

Way of the world:mad:

14. Dublin huh? Ive gone to the IMAX there a couple of times, Im from the CV.

15. Tom Sawyer could you use your experience.

16. Eh, don't worry. She probably doesn't get out much anyway.

17. The fact that you pronounce it "Jee-zus" makes it even more badass than it already is.

18. haha, well that's how it's spelled but I leave it up to people.
    I'll say, "Jee-zus" and they'll say, "oh ok so your name is hey-sus"
    Sometimes I say hey-sus, and people will say, "your name is Jesus, dope".

Gotta love my parents.