Apix Stemline to Disk or SSFG?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Backordered, Aug 4, 2012.

1. #1 Backordered, Aug 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2012
    I'm looking into buying my first bong. I'm willing to spend about $200. I browsed around here and saw some recommendations for SSFG and Apix. I recently got in contact with Dan D. (ApixDesign) and he said he could make me a stemline to disk or stemline to double disk for that price.

Alternatively, I could get a gridded stemline and inline AC from SSFG for just about the same price. I could also get a 14 inch beaker with a showerhead downstem and inline AC from SSFG for around that much.

Curious, which would you all go for? Does anyone have any of these pieces that could link me some videos / give first hand advice?

Thanks.

The picture is the stemline to disk that Dan said he'd be able to make me. It might be facing the wrong direction -that's how I received it on my phone. For some reason me editing it on my phone doesn't fix its orientation when uploaded here.

Edit: The mobile app won't upload the picture for whatever reason. Use your imagination!

2. Apix all the way

3. Both are great places to buy affordable quality glass

4. #4 flammzrant, Aug 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2012
    Dans the man

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dHfvgASmxE[/ame]

5. [quote name='"flammzrant"']Dans the man[/quote]

Yeah, he's been awesome. I submitted a question through his website last night and he got back to me within 5 minutes, literally.

6. SSFG is fantastic, I own a bubbler by Ray, but I've heard amazing things about their tubes.

7. Yep. Perfect disk placement imo and he hasn't done many more like the disk in mine, if any.
    Most have 3-7 holes, mine has around 30.

8. Dans new ones have like 20-30 holes

9. That's awesome, I haven't been keeping up since I haven't been smoking.

10. dan no longer take customs he is doing prodo stuff now :( but ssfg or dan once he starts pumping out some nice quality prodo tubes is a good choice

11. If its just clear it's prodo and Dan makes it.

And to the OP it's Dan D

12. [quote name='"bballplayyaa"']

If its just clear it's prodo and Dan makes it.

And to the OP it's Dan D[/quote]

The pictures he sent me are of clear tubes, nothing on them. I still don't know why I can't upload them from my phone, and I'm out of town until Tuesday.

Also, I said Dan D to make sure you guys knew who I was talking about =P.

What does prodo mean, though?

13. [quote name='"bballplayyaa"']

Dans new ones have like 20-30 holes[/quote]

Yah, the disks on my puckline have like 50-60 holes each

14. Apix, fuck SSFG.

15. [quote name='"Backordered"']

The pictures he sent me are of clear tubes, nothing on them. I still don't know why I can't upload them from my phone, and I'm out of town until Tuesday.

Also, I said Dan D to make sure you guys knew who I was talking about =P.

What does prodo mean, though?[/quote]

Prodo = production

16. [quote name='"Hollow Crown"']

Prodo = production[/quote]

Is a production tube different from any other tube he'd make?

17. In your post you put Dan S

18. [quote name='"bballplayyaa"']

In your post you put Dan S[/quote]

Oh fuck, my phone autocorrected it

19. [quote name='"Backordered"']

Is a production tube different from any other tube he'd make?[/quote]

No, those are tubes that acquire no custom work so that means he can produce them faster.