Apix Design gridded stemline

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by imperviously, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Hey, I am thinking about order a gridded stemline tube from apix design.

Can anyone tell me if just the gridded stemline is enough diffusion? Does it hit nice and smooth? I mostly people getting gridded stem to circ or gridded disc. So I am very curious how the gridded stem alone hits.

This is going to be my first "Real" piece and am very excited to get, but if the gridded stem alone isn't enough, then I can wait a little bit and add another perc or something but if it isn't "needed" then i wouldn't.

2. not a lot of people have double chamber apix's, and you won't find them for a long time. Dan has been having too much trouble with them.

I would get a stem/disk over a stem, if you have the extra $20-40 or w/e it is.

And yes, the size of the tube along with all the diffusion, will give you the best hit for your money.

3. That is fine i don't want a double chamber. How much of a difference is the grid stem/disk over just the grid stem?

I see some just grid stem and stacks like a beast, but i really can't judge as i havent tried either of them.

4. umm, I wouldn't say that much of a difference, but def worth the extra money.

I have hit neither haha, I've only hit my own mini stemline. Been waiting awhile for my next pickup from him.

5. Has anyone used just gridded stem that has anything to say about it?
    Even if anyone has gridded stem to another perk? any comments? Good, bad, etc lol.

6. I own a SG 50mm Stemline, which is comparable to Dan's mini stems. Its more than enough diffusion. I normally use a carbon filter which defiantly helps some. I've realized I can take just as big of a hit off my single stemline as i can stemline plus my bc ash catcher. Stemlines are in my opinion the best single perc out there.

I've also hit one of dan's very early "king" stemlines but was in a mini bong basically. Hit amazing.

7. I have read and heard some people sometimes prefer the regular stemline than the king because of the way it stacks/works. I personally haven't tried either... What are your opinions on them since you have tried both?

8. Well peoples beef with "king" stemlines is usually that they are reeeeallly airy, and also the large volume. The "king" sized stemline i hit of dans was one of the smallest bongs I've hit, but it was really airy which I personally like. There was zero resistance, like breathing air.

My 50mm Stemline thats a daily driver Deff doesn't feel quite as airy at the start, but it still has no drag at all.

Really my homies piece of dans is one of my favorite pieces cause it has an insane amount of diffusion for such a little piece. Its main chamber is like ~75mm and is only like 4 inches tall, and at that point it reduces to like 30mm mouthpiece thats prob like 8 inches.

9. Wooo! Having talked my friend into getting a King Stemline (SG) and then subsequently testing it out multiple times, :hello:

I wanted to get a stemline of my own, I began asking your exact same question. I wanted a tube that would milk and clear faster, and that's exactly what I got when I ordered my 50x5mm straight tube stemline.

The smoke really seems to take it's time filling the King's larger chamber, which may make it easier to take larger rips from it, but I prefer the quick, smooth milk straight up to my lips that a straight tube provides.

I wonder if that translates to my dislike of beaker bottom tubes maybe too...

Anyways, let me know if you have any more specific questions regarding the difference between a straight and king stemline.
    :bongin:

10. Ya i owned a straight 50x5 sg stemline before i got my 50>60>38 Sg stemline. The 50x5's deff clear faster than a king, but the reduced mouthpiece on mine puts the 50x5 to shame for how fast it clears.

By no means talking down the 50x5's, they are boss tubes.

11. ^I would imagine. I've never seen another like yours for sale. If you ever consider letting it go...:wave:

12. Yeah i want something like this :
    Google Image Result for http://*******************.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/8f06e1086824bc142942bfe64f6cb67f/a/l/***_6-7-12-104.jpg

what i am getting is similar to this peice i guess. What i am thinking of getting is a piece that is like this but, gridded stemline (not king), smaller/shorter (12-14 inches), and made by apix design. xD And he said for a price of $150.
    What do you think i should go with the king or just the normal gridded stemline? You said it was more airy.. idk if i would prefer that or not really. Could you describe it any differently?

13. Won't ever leave my collection. :smoking: Only seen one other piece like mine pass through a group on facebook/online. Steve told me he thought the run of that style was 30, but could have been 20. Really surprised I've not seen a few more around. Could have been broken or owned by people that don't know what they own.

And to OP, The king stemlines are really like just breathing in without breathing through a bong, you really can't feel any water restriction at all. The 50x5's the only time you can feel any restriction is when you are pulling water down the stem and through the stemline, once the perc is actually firing you can't feel anything no matter how hard you inhale. Its just like breathing once the perc has engaged haha.

14. Another way of describing the two would be that the king stem's hit is more drawn out, while the straight tube hits you shortly after you begin inhaling. It feels like I can take a bigger, longer rip with the king stem, but I think the actual amount of bud being burned is the same, the volume is just different.

Does that help at all?

^Flurgen, consider me jealous. hahaha

15. Kingstems will always take more time to clear. More volume will take more time. Some people don't mind, but i love the shotgun effect i get off mine. I really can't draw out a hit long without getting any smoke. Big hits that I take I'll basically milk the bong twice, once with lungs full of smoke lol, but all one big hit. I think the 50x5s allow you to milk it up more without putting much in in your lungs.

16. Yeah i think the normal grid stemline sounds like what i'd prefer. i like sometimes taking lots of smaller tokes than just huge 1 hitters. the smaller sounds like it would be better for that as the king stemline seems like its more of a big hitter.

Deff going with a non king stemline. You think that just the grid stemline is too little filtration though? too harsh or its just enough where it is smooth and still very flavorful. i like to taste the flavor alot, but i dont want to be hacking a lung out always either lol.

17. im sure you will be fine lol, the mini stemline was my daily hitter for a while, now I use a a/c with it haha.

18. I really enjoy the diffusion vs flavor it gives. Im a big fan of flavor too and it deff allows a good flavor even with a carbon filter. I never "cough out" smoke when i hit this piece. Never catches me off guard, and i can take any size rip i feel like.