apex twin

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by crowny85, Apr 3, 2003.

1. does anyone listen to apex twin? the proper dark side!!!!

2. Did you know he designs and builds his own custom synths and samplers? He's an electronics genius.

3. Its Aphex twin actually......and most of his songs aren't dark and depressing...... Only a few are evil and proper....the variations of his matierial is really good...... if you like him, check out his apprentice plugg twinn....same genre, almost same style.... they do accompiments with each other that are sic....

4. yea aphex twin..Richard D. James....that is one of my favorite album. I first became interested in them after hearing his song on that anti drug commercial....his sound is completely unlike any other techno there today, its great!

5. Come to daddy - remix!!!!!!!!!!!

aphex twin is great. But I really have to suggest Infected Mushrooms and Hallucinogen. These two bands make the best psyche trance I've heard!!!!!

6. Windowlicker is great!

And that wierd as fuck song.. from the Windowlicker single. It's all completely percussion. With xylophones.. and all these obscure intruments. But it's like a quiet sort of drum and base song.

Fucking amazing, albeit, very very very strange.

7. is that the one that used to be a squarepusher tune?

squarepusher are friggin excellent too. (and once u think about it fully, its quite possably the best name for psychadelic trance ever ... squarepusher hehe)

8. Aphex Twin is good stuff, I suggest the two volumes of Ambient Works. Very awesome. Also Windowlicker, RDJ album, and I care because You Do, and Drukqs, and the Come To Daddy EP...all the stuff is worth owning really.

Richard D. James owns a tank.

The Dillinger Escape Plan did an ep with Mike Patton and they covered Come To Daddy. Very faithfully too. It is worth downloading, but if your aren't a Patton or Dillinger fan, the EP may cost more than you want to pay.

9. dude! you guys are sick! aphex is the shit yo! thats so awesome that people really know them, i thought no one knew em!!! +_+!!!

10. aphex twin is quite famous over in england. his videos get played a lot. like windowlicker and come to daddy

11. Thats the main reason that i want to move their.... no joke.... if i met other aphex twin fans in real life or saw him preforming i think i would explode....