Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Apartment Smell Complaints, help!!!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by bobby135, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Hey guys. Ive only really been into smokig for around 4 months now and it has become a great tool for me as I am a full time student and rack up a lot of stress. Ive been smoking 1-2 times daily during this time frame and mostly just at night before bed. In the first 2.5-3 months, my girlfriend and I took no precautions on the smell and solely smoked with the bathroom fan on in there. We went for a long time (as stated previously) without issue, only to find a complaint on our door (and everyone in our buildings door, approximately 8 units). The note just said that someone has complained of “marijuana smoke smell filling their apartment”. This made no sense to us as wed been smoking openly for nearly 3 months with no complaints. I got to work quickly and invested in multiple smoke buddies in order to make sure to always have a fresh one on hand. In addition, I bought a $100 air purifier to set my bowl next to so that the cherrying smoke would be pulled in and filtered through the charcoal filter in it. In addition, I sealed off the ac vent in the bathroom with duct tape and seran wrap to avoud any leaking smell. I ALSO put a damp towel under the door crack to prevent smell leak into my apartment, and light a candle and blow it out right unde the ac vent thats taped up, just to cover my ass. Ive been using this system since the first complaint (over a month ago) and its been great. However, I woke up this morning to another note (again on everyones door) that said the same as before. I am absolutely puzzled as to how someone is still smelling it. We can barely smell it 10 seconds after taking a hit, and it makes no sense that they couldnt smell it for a month after the first complaint, but complain now. Nothing in my routine has changed. I do know for a fact that the guy above me smokes sometimes, as when we moved in before we smoked we could smell his smoke multiple times a day. Every part of me really thinks I need to stop all together, but I have no desire to as it helps me so much. Any advice? Anyhing im missing here? Is it me? Is it someone else? Any opinions and info is great guys

2. If your taking that many precautions and using a smoke buddy, it isn’t you. It’s a dumb neighbor by the sounds of it. Which still doesn’t help because it
    Makes your situation hot because of it, my advice ? Invest in a safe and have all your smoking paraphernalia in there and continue with the smoke buddy routine, also invest in candles. So let’s say worse case and maintenance comes; you simply throw everything into the safe, always keep your shit near it. They come in and there will be no smell, nothing to see and they can search if they want. Not gonna find shit except for a safe... and shit they gonna need a warrant to open it. Your neighbors fucked tho. I’m high af. Hope this ramble helped peace out ya’ll

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. go smoke outside...

if you're sharing a building/air/living space, and someone doesn't like the smell... easy, don't smoke inside.

I wouldn't want to smell/inhale second hand tobacco smoke

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Back in the day(1977) to toke in an apartment building and in private

the first rule is to complain to managment that you can smell drugs

bitch and moan

then return to your rooms and toke up

later if you are found suspect

leaving roaches in the hall above or below is called a false scent ..lol

its a safety thing

but only for the smart

good luck

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. what am I looking at here if I dont stop? Im assuming now that there has been a complaint the second time, if its someone else they will either stop or get wise and do what Im doing. If I continue to smoke and it is me, I would assum the third time they get a complaint there will be different action. What could that be? My big fear is I go home, light up tonight, and the cops are outside my door a few mins later. The fact they keep putting the notes on everyones doors shows me they have no idea who it is, so itd be a door to door type thing and asking to look around im assuming? I redid a drawer in my dresser to be where i keep all my stuff. So its always out of site and put away immediately after use (and I clean it too so theres no smell from the drawer). My guess is everyone will get a notification of inspection soon. I have no idea what to do!

Edit: Would us moving rooms to smoke be better? Such as smoking in our bedroom and blowing through the smoke buddy outside? This seems like a worse idea to me as wed have no bathroom fan to blow into. I feel like no matter what I do they’ll still smell it

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Sorry for the uninformed question here but: To me, smoking outside would just be asking for someone to smell it. We live on the first floor, and the only way for us to do so would be to do it on our patio. But I dont see how someone wouldnt be able to smell it when they walk by if someone can smell it in their apartment via the vent. Maybe im totally naive here. Wouldnt smoking outside be easier to pinpoint the smell location? Especially if were sitting there coughing and stuff, lol.

7. Op if your using the smoke buddy and doing everything correctly then there is no “smoke” to blow anything into the only smoke you have to worry about is from the cherry, use a old dead lighter and cap the bowl to put out the cherry have a candle burning at same time and you are golden. And for bonus points towl under bathroom door

8. You'll probably get kicked out & you will then be homeless..

Just go outside to smoke it takes less effort then what you're currently doing.

9. What's stopping you from going for a walk and smoking???

• Like Like x 1
  10. You have no excuse not to smoke outside I had surgery last week & I still go outside to spark up a joint or a pipe,fuck stinking my house up with weed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Truthfully, man, I'd just buy a dry herb vaporizer. Any dry herb vape will help reduce the smell significantly. I never smoke inside because I don't want the lingering smell to bother my wife, but I vape inside multiple times a day, without complaint from her.

If you can spend $100 on an air purifier, I'd recommend spending $60 on a Vapcap M or more $$ on a high quality dry herb vape. I have a Firewood, Crafty, Plenty, and my Vapcap M is in the mail. The Firewood was a bad purchase (not my style). My Crafty was my daily driver until I sent it in for warranty repairs (127 hours of use). If I can, I'll upgrade it to the Mighty. The Plenty is great for sessions with larger groups because of the larger chamber size.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. I get what you’re saying, and im definitely not trying to offer excuses if thats what it seems like. I just have no experience doing it oustide and feel as if it would smell even worse because I obviously wont be walking around with a smoke buddy.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Yeah I just meant blowing towards it. In my first post I included that I already do use a towel and this still happened. So annoying!

14. Trust me dude go for a walk & spark up there's more fresh air outside then there would be in your apartment even with all the windows open, the smell would be gone pretty quickly just make sure you throw the roach so if you do get stopped or anything they can't do you for possession

15. fuck ya! I don't wanna smell it in my house all day long either. couple tokes outside, keep it hidden and discreet and bobs ur uncle. don't go walkin arounnd with a cigar size doob or ur glass pie/hooka or go dabbin around.

love my little metal pipe, take a couple hits, out into the wind and off i go!

• Agree Agree x 1

16. I smoke outside even if it's raining don't get me wrong I love the smell of Marijuana but I don't want the smell of it stinking my house up.. I've had police randomly knock my door before so fuck giving them a reason to search for my gear lol

17. Outside of the inside vs outside debate, whats everyone opinion on if it was me who caused the complaint(s)?

18. if you complained, i'd take that into consideration and go smoke somewhere that it didn't bother ya...

but i'm from a different generation who like to be discrete when we smoke

19. Bit confused. Im definitely not the one complaining here haha.

20. I've always smoked outside

i've smoked in cars before & it made them smell for days lol

+ If you smoke inside everything gets smoke on it where as outside you only get smoke on your jacket/shirt

• Like Like x 1