Apartment Inspection

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by HalevG, May 10, 2016.

1. Hey Grasscity!

So I just moved into a one bedroom apartment this past week, where I setup a grow tent inside the closet. I am only subleasing for the summer, taking college classes. I set up the tent and everything in it, but there are no plants on the inside. I left for Florida yesterday to vacation for a week and had a friend go in today to check on and feed my fish, and he told me that there was a right to entry notice about a yearly inspection. I had my friend throw some laundry and boxes in the closet to cover the tent. If the closet is opened and the tent found, could I be evicted (again there are 0 plant inside the tent, it's completely empty other than a light, fan, and filter)? I thought about having my friend write a bs note about how I am a horticulture major (which I am) growing rare orchids for a class. Would this help at all?

Also, I am a resident of Michigan and I do currently hold a medical marijuana card. Please ask any questions you need.

2. Its only illegal in the state of Mich. to cultivate, its not illegal to purchase cultivation equipment which is sold in all 50 states. The fact that your equipment is meant for growing plants is negligible because lights come in all sizes and forms as well as tents.

So to answer your question, no you can not get in trouble for that, but i would certainly expect your RA/landlord to be keeping a close eye on you if they did find it

3 strain 1000w 4x4 legal grow

My first legal Oregonian grow 1000w 4x4 scrog

3. @STilladelph
    I have a card saying that I can possess 12 plants, and Michigan is a medical marijuana state. How is it illegal to cultivate?

4. Well if you're a medical patient obviously that's a different story, however i assumed that since OP is giving this a go in a dorm room and asking about legality, then it must be not be legal for him to do it.

3 strain 1000w 4x4 legal grow

My first legal Oregonian grow 1000w 4x4 scrog

5. I'm in an apartment, not dorm.

6. Easy, it's for tomatoes.

dilligaf

7. Haha I do actually grow tomatoes! I'm just worried that it will cause my landlord (more of a company than a person) will become suspicious if they see anything.

8. Just leave seed packets laying around maybe?

Best o luck.

dilligaf

• Like Like x 1
  9. How about you just get your friend to go get some garden plants, hook everything up and turn it on, ya know, like you're actually growing tomatoes and stuff in your apartment.

Because apartments don't come with yards and you like fresh veggies/herbs/spices.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yeah man no sweat. Had my tent with in my living room. My landlord helped me move it to fix some windows. He just said what the hell is this? I said it was my girls portable closet lol. Thing says AGROMAX in big letters LOL. fuck landlords

Sent from my LGLS660 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  11. There might be insurance issues if they find it

• Like Like x 1