Apartment growing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by murakami, Nov 19, 2012.

1. I have two small marijuana plants on my apartment porch amongst like 4 other herb plants..cilantro parsley yatta yatta.. the plants are very small still, they do not yet have the distinguishable "marijuana leaf" ...they are about this size
    http://www.weedsthatplease.com/images/Sprout2.jpg

anyway its thanksgiving and im going home for a week. should i hide them or are they safe for now until they get bigger?

Thanks

2. Impossible to advise you without any details -- anyone else live there? Will anyone be visiting in your absence? Landlord or maintenance? Visible from other apartments? What are temps/weather supposed to be while you're gone?

Even with this info your question can't be answered, though, no one can foresee the unpredictable -- apartment upstairs flooded, window washing crew, who knows.

Leaving baby plants untended for a week is generally not a good idea, you easily could return home to dead sprouts.

3. i have roommates but theyre gonna be gone too. unless anyone knew how to identify baby marijuana plants i dont think they would be able to tell what it is..its not visible from outside. weather is fine for it and we don't have any planned visits from maintenance. because its so small it blends pretty well with the herb plants right now

4. Sounds like you are trying to convince us it won't be a problem. In which case, what really is your question?

5. haha well i just wanted reassurance lol i mean i could put it under my bed or something but that would mean no sunlight for a week..

i guess my question is since they are still very young does that make it much harder for maintenance/landlords/whoever to identify them?

6. Put them on your windowseal in a inconspicious place with other plants, like your bathroom. Or put it on a counter that recieves light, so that only people that come into your apartment could recognize anything would notice. I dont think marijuana has thc in it at that young so even if someone came in and tested it i THINK you would be fine.

7. You should build a grow box for future trips.

Sent from my iPhone using GC Forum

8. it's too risky for me to grow them indoors but once they get a little bigger and can survive on their own i plan on moving them to some woods