Apartment Growing

Discussion in 'Security' started by davidn420, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Hey guys goes everyone doing? So a buddy of mine insists on growing in his apartment for side cash. I say it's a terrible idea but he is gonna anyway. He asked my to post here and ask how you could grow in a 1 bedroom appt with only the closet and not have the place reek. I don't see how this is possible but I you know ways let me know

2. yell him to seal the closet off or make a box to fit in the closet that is air tight and vent it with a carbon filter to kill the smell

3. negative static pressure set up. google it, along with diy carbon scrubbers

4. [quote name='"lov4led"']yell him to seal the closet off or make a box to fit in the closet that is air tight and vent it with a carbon filter to kill the smell[/quote]

[quote name='"bstrap"']negative static pressure set up. google it, along with diy carbon scrubbers[/quote]

Thanks guy I'll let him know. I don't see this as so bad what I'm worried about is

1. Fireman have to come every couple months to check smoke alarms

2. Maintenance may make an unexpected visit.

5. "The Black" by BC Bud Depot smells absolutely nothing like bud when in flower. It will smell like you own a rose shop but that is much better than pot. Its also a very fucking purple strain which has very little recognition probably because you can't just search for The Black online and find what you are really looking for. Ive grown 3 in a studio apartment with no problems.. My friend was growing 7 in his studio as well until one batch he decided to add a single LA Confidential plant.. He didn't finish his grow due to police action. And i lost a fuckin 400 watt hps i let him borrow.

6. These are pics from when i grew
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yes in the last one it has seeds i know.. because i made them.

7. Here's the seeds - Not even very expensive considering most people pay 50$ for 5 seeds.

8. [quote name='"hellokitty42"']"The Black" by BC Bud Depot smells absolutely nothing like bud when in flower. It will smell like you own a rose shop but that is much better than pot. Its also a very fucking purple strain which has very little recognition probably because you can't just search for The Black online and find what you are really looking for. Ive grown 3 in a studio apartment with no problems.. My friend was growing 7 in his studio as well until one batch he decided to add a single LA Confidential plant.. He didn't finish his grow due to police action. And i lost a fuckin 400 watt hps i let him borrow.[/quote]

[quote name='"BlackWeeds"']

Here's the seeds - Not even very expensive considering most people pay 50$ for 5 seeds.[/quote]

I showed him he's ordering 20 seeds. He loves it thanks

9. #10 FunTimeGrowHap, Jun 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2012
    Step 1: add a lock/change the lock on the apartment. Don't say anything about it and be sure to be at home with the doors unlocked when they come to do maintenance. You don't want to tip them off to your apartment modification.

Step 2: observe the apartment management for a whole year. Did they say anything about the lock? Have they given notice before doing any maintenance? Why the fuck is the fireman coming by every couple of months? Use this time to save up for badass grow gear and to familiarize yourself with your state's renting laws. Go over your lease again. Most landlords have to follow strict rules to enter, so hold them to it. If the fireman doesn't have to come by every couple of months, then what the fuck is that shit?

Seriously though, I've never had the fire department step foot in an apartment, and I have lived in many different apartments in many different states. He's probably snooping.

Step 3: Do it! Buy the best carbon filter you can find and a fan to run it. Buy a silencer to. Mounting everything with homemade rubber gaskets will further help quite everything down. Keep some Ona gel around as a back-up to. Cap off the intake and exhaust holes with normal indoor ventilation grates for a more natural appearance. If someone is going to be poking around the place, stash everything in boxes with ona gel.

10. Grew all last year in a 1 bedroom apartment. Use a Carbon filter attached to your inline fan and your fine.

11. 1. They would come once a month to do that but the cool thing about my old apartments is they would always put a notice on the door. The day they came I stacked stuff in front and on top of my tent in my walkin and left it off. Dont know how big your apartment complex is but mine had 1500 units or so and when there doing a fire inspection its very fast...they want to get done quick.

2. That depends my apartments never did that and if they were doing routine like air filter change they would let eveyrone know with a flyer on your door.

12. [quote name='"FunTimeGrowHap"']Step 1: add a lock/change the lock on the apartment. Don't say anything about it and be sure to be at home with the doors unlocked when they come to do maintenance. You don't want to tip them off to your apartment modification.

Step 2: observe the apartment management for a whole year. Did they say anything about the lock? Have they given notice before doing any maintenance? Why the fuck is the fireman coming by every couple of months? Use this time to save up for badass grow gear and to familiarize yourself with your state's renting laws. Go over your lease again. Most landlords have to follow strict rules to enter, so hold them to it. If the fireman doesn't have to come by every couple of months, then what the fuck is that shit?

Seriously though, I've never had the fire department step foot in an apartment, and I have lived in many different apartments in many different states. He's probably snooping.

Step 3: Do it! Buy the best carbon filter you can find and a fan to run it. Buy a silencer to. Mounting everything with homemade rubber gaskets will further help quite everything down. Keep some Ona gel around as a back-up to. Cap off the intake and exhaust holes with normal indoor ventilation grates for a more natural appearance. If someone is going to be poking around the place, stash everything in boxes with ona gel.[/quote]

Good info man. And it's new york state law that fireman go to apartments 2 times a year all the do is check alarms and leave its real quick. No snooping it's obvious they aren't but of they catch a smell it could be bad. And I'll tell him to have his lawyer look over the lease and see what it says about landlords coming in.

13. [quote name='"rhapsodyrcks"']

1. They would come once a month to do that but the cool thing about my old apartments is they would always put a notice on the door. The day they came I stacked stuff in front and on top of my tent in my walkin and left it off. Dont know how big your apartment complex is but mine had 1500 units or so and when there doing a fire inspection its very fast...they want to get done quick.

2. That depends my apartments never did that and if they were doing routine like air filter change they would let eveyrone know with a flyer on your door.[/quote]

Yeah it's pretty big

14. I would advise to get a Phresh filter. Its a name brand and expensive, but I used an HTG filter once and my whole house stunk. Its expensive, but I would spend the money to get a decent fan and filter to keep your smell down.

15. [quote name='"rizzo30"']I would advise to get a Phresh filter. Its a name brand and expensive, but I used an HTG filter once and my whole house stunk. Its expensive, but I would spend the money to get a decent fan and filter to keep your smell down.[/quote]

Yeah, you get what you pay for

16. I completely agree with you. I have heard of a lot of people that complain about cheap off brand filters not working the best. I was one of them. A Phresh filter may run $160 for just the filter by itself, but keeping your place from smelling like a fresh bud garden is priceless.

17. Yo your defiantly your "friend"

18. #19 DDV, Jun 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2012
    [quote name='"hellokitty42"']"The Black" by BC Bud Depot smells absolutely nothing like bud when in flower. It will smell like you own a rose shop but that is much better than pot. Its also a very fucking purple strain which has very little recognition probably because you can't just search for The Black online and find what you are really looking for. Ive grown 3 in a studio apartment with no problems.. My friend was growing 7 in his studio as well until one batch he decided to add a single LA Confidential plant.. He didn't finish his grow due to police action. And i lost a fuckin 400 watt hps i let him borrow.[/quote]

[quote name='"hellokitty42"']https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/150827_150575021656937_7207526_n.jpg

if those others didn't work this one is the best[/quote]

Damn that is sick. Never heard of that.

OP have you looked into the Lowryder strain? Its like a mini plant and its autoflower. Though im pretty sure it still smells like bud..just easier to conceal

[​IMG]

19. [quote name='"lov4led"']yell him to seal the closet off or make a box to fit in the closet that is air tight and vent it with a carbon filter to kill the smell[/quote]

This but you don't have to yell it to him you can just speak normally. (Jk you probably need to yell so he can hear you)