Apartment Grow Noob

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by diskjockee, May 2, 2011.

1. What do you guys think about growing in an apartment? Right now I live in a 4 unit complex the walls are thin and you can hear people talk from their units. I want to start a grow but sercurity is the main concern holding me back. I have never used carbon filters or anything to removed odors because I use to lived and grow in a house far from neighbors. Will carbon filters remove any exsistence of odor? I'm afraid odor will leak to the halls especially during harvest. is it possible to eiminate or minimize all odor so you can't even smell it in the living room? The grow room will be the extra bedroom I don't use. Can I have it completely enclosed? what would i need to do this?

2. Check out the ventilation sticky thread and add some locks to your door to avoid random people coming in on behalf of the apartment complex. Match the grates on your ventilation holes to the current grates your apartment already has to make everything look Kosher from outside the grow room. And if your ventilation is too noisy, pick up a silencer.

Good Luck.

3. FYI; Adding locks to your apartment door without the approval of the apartment complex aka management, is ground for eviction.

4. invest in an ozone generator i just got one of ebay apparently they get rid of all odours :smoke:

5. see you in jail buddy!

6. ... nice one, ben....

7. Perhaps. You would need to know exactly what your state's renter laws are and what your lease says. Easily handled with some library or google time. In my circumstances, the situation has never progressed to the point of anyone noticing, so I'm cool like that.

http://forum.grasscity.com/security/785870-apartment-growing-2.html