Apartment complex put notices at our doors...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Mr. President, Oct 13, 2014.

1. I'm not sure what I'm looking for because I've searched around at other instances but they're the obvious answers like, use Lysol or use the bathroom vent. So I suppose I'm looking for ideas for my specific situation.. Anything is appreciated. Except problems of course.

Just a quick comment. My wife and I are both very clean people. We vacuum... Dust, don't leave things laying around. She likes burning candles and I always have something cooking on the stove or slow cooker. So there's always something going on.

Anyways, for months we have been here and EVERY day I've smoked in this apartment, in multiple times of day and in different areas freely around my home (like anyone should be able to, might I add). In some cases, my wife and I have rolled blunts with the shale from our bag. Also at different times of day and in different areas. Now we only have a small pipe and I always have DANK. So it's not like I had a good batch but the night before this notice appeared, we stuffed a black and mild and smoked it in the room. Both windows were open and she was folding fresh laundry.

We got home the next day and everyone had these notices saying there are complaints of heavy marijuana smoke and its accumulating in other apartments. What?? How is that possible? And why just now? Do you think it was the blunt? All we have is a small pipe otherwise.... Should I be okay with just the pipe?

I went online and seen vaping was a great option and had lots of other benefits. So the day I got the notice, which was Friday, I ordered some cheap vape pen. Saturday when I got home i said screw waiting... I bought a snoop pen off craigslist which long story short was a waste. It combusted everything. So today (and whats I'm hoping from comments to be great news) I ordered da Buddha vaporizer!

But in the meantime..... Thoughts?

2. I think you should either go back to your high school days of smoking stealthily (you know, spoof and shit), find a new smoke spot, or find a new place to live. Especially if being caught could cause you to get evicted.

3. if you are a card holder theres not much they can do legally but if your close nieghbors are the ones making complaints to the management im sure they will keep doing so and will find a way to evict you..but yes id go stealth maybe exhale into a carbon filter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. #4 aToker, Oct 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2014
    Well smoking blunts especially will cause a smell. I suggest buying a smoke buddy ( ~10$, disposable) or simply blow it through a window. Strictly use pipes/bongs instead of joints/blunts because they cause a lot of smell. Smoke buddy would be your best option.

5. Buy a bong? That won't cause a smell to accumulate in other apartments, it's all the constant burning of the blunt causing the smell.

I personally wouldn't do anything about it. Whoever made the complaint is a classic piece of shit. I never understand people that are so sensitive to others sounds and smells yet they choose to live in an apartment. If they don't wan't to smell what other people are cooking they can find a house to rent and if they can't afford a house then its tough shit. We smoked in my friends apartment 24/7 and we were fine. You simply have some piece of shit living on your floor who is going to have to either get over it or find a house, don't stop what you're doing, there is no way they can lead it to you unless someone actually sees you smoking. 

Is your apartment smoke free?

6. No the complex isn't smoke free... But they can come in whenever they want... It's in the lease.

Won't the vaporizer really help with the smell?

I ended up making a sploof out of several dryer sheets. Holy crap that worked great!! I was stoned AND it smelled like the detergent isle in my house hahaha

7. The vaporizer will help a lot, it will kill most of the smell. I have a friend that vaporizes at his desk at work with people around all day and no one notices, you just need to keep it on a low setting. 

When you say they can come in whenever they want, you mean by giving like 24-48 hours notice first right? They can't just show up at your door and ask to come in right then and there.

8. That's awesome lol and honestly, I think they can make un announced visits.

9. Haha, you should get a volcano vaporizer :) they are awesomeeee ..

10. Is this a duplicate thread?

11. Legally they can kick you out regardless of medical card, lease agreements can say 'medical cannabis not allowed', if you signed it, then you know, they legally can do what they can legally do.

What I would do, is cut out the blunts for sure. I never smoke blunts inside my place because let's face it, it reeks.

Vaping would help greatly, but if that doesn't hit the spot (vape never hits the spot for me, it works but isn't as effective as a bong IMO), pack smaller bowls and blow smoke into a carbon activated sploof.

I used to live at an apartment and they made me sign a no medical cannabis thing but I still smoked many times a day.

12. #12 -Martyr, Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
    Old enough to have a wife; not old enough to comprehend that blunts literally will wreak up an entire house, let alone an apartment, and that vaporizing wouldn't. Uhhhhhhhhhhh....

13. Get a vape,. you get a cleaner, better, stronger high.

you also avoid smells.

it's also healthy for you

it's a triple win, it's such a win it's a mind fuck think about  what i just said, keep reading it until it makes sense

14. Your neighbors are stinking the place up, not you

15. #15 BigTank, Oct 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2014
    I always worry about this sometimes going to various APTs and smoking some stuff with people. Some areas its chill cause you know the people around you are possibly doing the same. Others I know would instantly chain smoke cigs after smoking weed. Most places have the same setups and windows nearby each other so I imagine it floats around. As for vents id have the heat/Air conditioner on whilst smoking to try and keep it from snaking through the vent shafts.

A buddy I knew had a girl that chiefed heavily and they negotiated to get a APT on the top floor of their building so that any smoke wouldnt linger anywhere but up.

She was ultra paranoid as well cause one time they swore someone was in the house whilst they were in the bathroom. As well it was in their lease I guess too the management were free to come and go as they please.

16. I highly doubt that no one notices lol. I bet people notice but choose not to say anything about it. Yes vaporizers hide the weed smell, but not completely. If people are around him all day in the same room I guarantee at least a few people can smell that shit lol. Your friend is indenial

17. Fuck getting evicted. The little prick office staff is goi to do the "right thing" and report it to the police and fuck these people over even more then preventing them from renting again because no one will want to rent to someone who has a eviction on their record

I would stop smoking and find some place else. Somehow the smoke is crossing into the apartments next to you....do you a have a balcony you can smoke on? Our first apartment we were on the second floor and I put up some trees I brought at the nursery and that allowed me to discreetly smoke
    Sorry your apartments sucks. Whenever I had to call maintaince, he would come by and after he fixed whatever was broke I would smoke him out

18. you wouldnt happen to live in massachusetts ? my apartment building got the same notice

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. Vape is your best bet. You won't be disappointed.

20. The blunt was a mistake. Blunts/joints are the most stinky.

A vape is a great idea, the snoop pen was not as you realised. The DBV is an awesome choice though!

In the meantime, use your pipe and blow through a sploof! You'll be golden :)