Aparrently you need a DRIVERS LICENSE to buy alcohol

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by weedobandito, Nov 18, 2009.

1. So I walked into my local grocery store to purchase some beer, I didn't have my drivers license on me not that it matters, I walked to the friggin place and I had my newly acquired passport on me and it turns out that a fucking passport is not a valid enough form of ID to purchase alcohol. Wow. You need a passport to travel internationally (drivers license isn't enough) however a passport isn't fucking enough to use as ID. Fucking ridiculous.

2. really? that's quite odd. i thought a passport was the end all, be all of identification. i'm surprised they wouldn't take it. you only try one place?

3. That is odd. I thought they accepted passports.

4. Well, passports are certainly uncommon forms of identification when trying to buy alcohol.
    Clerk probably wasn't briefed on it? Dumb owners? No way the law actually states that you can't use a Passport as valid identification to buy liquor.

5. I thought so too. It just pisses me off, the process to get a passport is MUCH more thorough and is harder to fake than a simple drivers license yet they say it's not acceptable. The picture on it is VERY recent and looks exactly as I do now..That was the only place open within walking distance..I was straight up denied my nightcap..bastards.

6. not around here...my passport or state ID works fine...i dont even have my Ls

7. you should've asked for the manager or something, that shit ain't right.

8. #8 waterhurley, Nov 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2009
    well i have been denied my passport millions of times. for liqor stored they dont havta except it if they dont want to (us passport in us teritoy or something.

HOWEVER ON THE FLIP SIDE: i got my liscence taken for DUI in july. i found an old expired liscence that 95% of the package sotres except. it still is the vertical under 21 stle but ivr only gotten some shit. if they give me shit i whip out the passport and im fine. 1 way or another you can get it you just gotta know ur liquor store (helps to grt a regular) and it helps it go to a smaller one. most bars dont care with a passport.

dut damn i do need my lisc back lol

edit: use an expired liscence works for me 90% of the time the pasport the othe 10%. they CAN deny passportd in the US unless its international. my passports expied too so i guess im just lucky ;)

they main just jeck b-day is u hand it to them in a wallet or id pouch quick... i learned lol

9. Erm, your passport IS the end all to any identification. If you can produce a passport, you can buy alcohol and cigs. You should have spoken with a manager about it. Try another store with smarter employees.....

10. why not try another store? I know some gas stations around here scan IDs so they don't take passports.

11. that's because you have to be at least 16 to get a driver's license, right?

12. i think they were wrong, u just got unlucky. my buddy uses a passport to buy cigs and stuff.

13. its simply because they want you to be able to drink and drive.:rolleyes:

14. I used my passport to buy cigs when the court had my lisence. Got a legit fake now.

15. here they tend to deny passports all the time also. it sucks for most of my friends (who are from out of state and go to school here) that don't have a license (i go to a somewhat nerdy college, kids dont drive).