Anyway to tell how much longer? *pic

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by NortherToker, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Here's my first grow on day 38 of the flower cylce, is there anyway anyone could give me a rough idea about how much time she's got left to mature? or do I just have to be patient and monitor the trich color? I don't know what to expect from it really so I don't know what to look for other than the color of the trichomes, also what power magnification do I need to get a good look at them? I don't know the strain, and it was actually a damaged plant I grabed from a friend and nursed back to health. Any help is greatly appreciated.

[​IMG]

Thanks.

2. HEY, you got about another month if thats indoors under an HPS, if the buds white hairs Majoraty turns red/brown, you can take a branch, but thats still 1 month at least later. Mine is just about the same sice top cola, but denser, check it out.

3. you shouldnt have browning on the pistils yet. they cant flower that quick.. have u dont any sprays in the leaves, because sometimes sprays during flowering cause the hairs to brown

4. Thanks for such quick responses guys, I was figuring around 3-5 more weeks, and the browning is caused by a slight nute burn if that's possible?, I had some leaves curl and get brown tips and have since brought the N level down.

5. cool, that's good too if humidity(water mist) is high enough at one point, it will turn white hairs darker. happend to all my clones in the hydro cloner.

6. Your N level should be very low during flowering. You want higher P,K. What kind of nutes do you use? Also, when you say "day 38" are you talking about day 38 since planting or day 38 of flowering?

7. yea that's at least a month away, depending on the strain it can get the reddish-brown hairs earlier or later... so that wouldn't be a big concern... harvest by the trichomes, all of which are clear right now... when they start turning hazy you're getting close... when you see 50% amber it's time to harvest

8. you can almost see the trichs in the picture....i can tell you theyre def clear/ and or cloudy right now...you want to wait until at least half the trichs are amber...if you have some that are still clear/cloudy its fine itll make the high different

9. #9 Jspec2ner, Mar 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2010
    people should stop giving advice on what they dont know..

NEVER judge your plants maturity through its pistils
    The only way to tell if your plant is fully ripe is through the trichomes.

maturity varies from strain to strain, so its hard to tell you when your plant should be ready

as for harvesting..its pretty much your own personal preference

OrganicIsBetter said that its READY to harvest when the trichomes are 50% amber..

He's not right..but he's not wrong neither
    I would suggest you do your own experiement and choose which high is best for you..

you should invest in a 60-100x pocket microscope

its very inexpensive and you'll have a more accurate way to tell if your plant is ready for the chop or not.

you can find the pocket microscope here

Illuminated Microscope - RadioShack.com

10. Thanks for the great info, day 38 of flowering, right now i have a pretty half assed setup because I had to take the plant for a friend who couldn't have it. I know I've done alot of things wrong, and I'll be lucky to harvest a 1/4 oz. but this was just sort of an experimental plant. I've already started building my actual setup for my seeds I have. Anyway im on a 15-30-15 bloom nut, although I normally use fresh water. Thanks for the info on the magnification and trichomes too. I know I should be looking for half and half, but if I understand corectly, the more clear, the more sativa type up high? and the more amber, the stonier, more narcotic the high? Thanks so much againg everyone!