Anyway to make new seeds catch up to seedlings?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by james.wolverine97, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Any sort of schedule? maybe I can leave them in veg longer or something idk any suggestions?, testing new strains and want to know which is the best to make my main grow to produce more, I don't want to waste a seed so I will take clones, but if I wait till next grow and If I don't like them I'd have to waste a seed just to go back to old strain, I'd get my delivery in few days so about 1 week to make them pop and another week to get to current stage (7days almost since they've popped through soil in cup, and 1 week and a half since I put them in wet paper towel. 

2. #2 killset, Jan 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2015
    No if they're started later, they're going to be smaller. You can LST the larger plant or top it when its ready, might slow it down a bit, but unless the new plant is a super fast grower, it's not going to catch up. You won't be able to test your strains until after they finish flowering as far as potency and taste anyways. If your just looking for how they grow just pay attention until closer too flower. Remember your new seeds won't be here for another week then its got to germ, pop the soil etc, etc. Your bigger plant is already off and growing every day

3. #3 killset, Jan 23, 2015
    When I start new seeds. I'll clone all the plants 2 weeks before flower and decide down the road which ones to keep. Just keep accurate records of what is what. I don't know if anyone's mentioned this but if your going to clone, your going to need a 2nd set up. The plants in flower can't be exposed to the longer hours of light the veg plants are getting.

4. #4 aktrees, Jan 23, 2015
    tardis or vortex manipulator