Anyway to dry my herb faster without ruining it?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by DevilRed, Mar 4, 2004.

1. Well as some of you all know i just harvested some killer sticky.

Anyhow, its been hanging for about 5 days now with just the large and medium fan leaves removed.

Is there anyway I can speed this drying process up and not lower the THC of the bud.

As I said its been about 5 days and its not dried a whole lot, going really slow (prob good for curing). But I would like to have this shit bagged and gone in a week if possible. I don't like having it around.

Thanks

2. Place them in a container or whatever that is NOT very well ventilated (but there of course must be some) with a small oscillating space heater set on medium. Just enough to bring the temperature around 100 to 115 degrees F. They will dry out much faster since the heater produces very dry heat. But be prepared, any way you go about making bud dry faster is going to make it smell a lot more. I bought one of these heaters at KMart for around $20. I've never tried this method, but I read somewhere that it works well without losing potency.

If you wanted to dry them out REALLY fast, cook them in the oven at 175 to 200 degrees F for a short period. But the buds will lose some potency this way and also smell a lot.

3. Hmm, what about the oven at 100 -150 for a bit. Maybe like 30 minutes. May speed things up some. ???

4. Yeah it will probably speed things up a bit. If its an electric oven, I'd be careful to keep the buds away from the heating coils. And I wouldn't want to expose such sweet buds to gas in ovens. But if you don't really mind, give it a shot. Its gonna stink though.

5. Dude, that won't cut it, i gotta dry three ounces.

I have a electric oven.

Maybe ill let it dry a few more days on its own then give it a shot in the oven on low low.

6. I think if you spread the bud out it would have more surface area to dry, try breaking your weed into alot of sections that will do the trick

7. dont bake it man, your just cutting out some pf the THC when you bake it.

Grasscity Deals Near You