Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anything Worth Making With Leaves From a Male???

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by evilgnome, Mar 18, 2012.

1. As The Title Says...

Is it worth trying to make anything with them???

Later Daze & Better Blaze... :smoke:

2. Since there's been 70 views & no replies I'm guessing the answer is No / LOL

3. well honestly if your just going to burn them or bury them why not try it and have a chance at it working, thats what im gunna do

4. You get the right genetics, and you may be quite pleasantly surprised!

Cultivation of Cannabis sativa L. in northern Morocco. (abst – 2005)
    Cultivation of Cannabis sativa L. in northern Moro... [Bull Narc. 2005] - PubMed - NCBI

In addition, the present study establishes that male plants, often considered deficient in delta-9-THC, contain levels of the same order as those recorded for female plants, both in the leaves and in the tops.

Mine get dried, blenderized and baked!

Granny

5. Male Marijuana plants are useless unless your using them to obtain seeds for growing or to use them (the seeds) to crossbreed with another plant.

6. they do look like fine house plants though, to bad i cant just keep it downstairs in a window but i guess i have to put the little guys down

7. Male Marijuana plants are useless???

Please read the excerpt from the study in post 4. Males are NOT "useless", they can be as potent as their sisters (as shown by actually measuring the THC)!

LOOK at a male some day! They do have trichs and those trichs do have THC!

Dang, some of the misinformation about cannabis, even among tokers, is amazing! GET THE FACTS!

8. I found this in the General marijuana news around the world a thread made by superjoint

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZXmbEGrlRs&feature=player_embedded]Healing 'Leaf' - Film About Raw Cannabis Juice - YouTube[/ame]

It is a short film about the medicinal properties of the plant itself

so instead of tossing a male make yourself a veggie shake

9. Tell'em granny.

10. Most definitely use the males. Smoke 'em. It's a different but very pleasant buzz. In the '70's, we used to get a "kief" from Morocco that was solely made from the male pollen. It's not as heavy a buzz but very pleasant.

11. bake that shit bro

12. They don't seem to get you "high" but I waste nothing
    If nothing else I dry them & mix them in with my rolling tobacco

Kief from pollen???
    Never heard of that before
    Have any more info. on that???

13. By bake do you mean make butter than cookies / brownies???
    OR???

14. could you add them to a compost? ive always wondered this. if so, what would they contribute nutrient wise?

15. Sure...
    No idea what the nutrient value would be???
    But my theory {I grow a butt load of rare exotic tropical plants} has always been that compost made from the leaves etc. of a Plant is the Best compost to fert That Plant with
    Because that's what they would get in Nature
    Composted leaves & what not that fell to the ground & composted around the base of the tree/plant

16. Thank you for opening my eyes Granny! Now i can stop spreading misinformation :eek:

17. I may have been speaking urban legend. In the very early 70's I lived in an area that saw a lot of middle eastern hash of the black, blond and red hard packed hashish that was excellent. A couple of times we got "kif" which was sold as a powder like we normally think of kief here. It was good but milder and had a distinct middle eastern flavor. Both times was from Morrocco. It could be that we americans were so accustomed to the hard excellent real hash that when someone told us it was from male plants, we believed it. I have not been able to find a detailed description from that era so far and it just calls it hash and cannabis and a lot falls in those categories. I'll keep checking and if I find a source, I'll post it. It reminded me a lot of the buzz from a mature male. And yes, there is a buzz but you've got to be sophisticated enough to know it.