anything moving forward for Texas to legalize????

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Luv2chief2003, Jul 2, 2012.

1. [quote name='"Macnub"']Seeing how most of Texas is full of Conservative Republicans....
    Don't get your hopes up.[/quote]

It is good to stay optimistic. But yeah , I know were dealing w a bunch of fuck heads.....

2. Well, maybe in a generation or two, but a lot of the people age 35+ will have to pass away first. After that, smooth sailing.

3. It's also worth noting that the Texas Republican Party is about a hundred times more radical far-right than the national party -- which is really saying something, considering how insane the national party has gotten. The Texas GOP 2012 platform actually says that they oppose the teaching of "critical thinking" and "higher-level learning" skills in the classroom that make kids "question their beliefs".

4. i hope austin can shed the light on the likes of the bible belt area better known as East Texas... I think it's gonna take that one significant event to happen that cuts in and/or increases the size of the church's pocket. Once we can figure out the bible thumpers, the rest will follow.

5. It's an age-thing. Pretty much everyone I know in their 20's and 30's think it should be legalized, regardless of political party or even if they smoke or not.

It's only a matter of time. ;)

6. It's not a left or right wing thing in Texas, its a drug war and cartel thing. As long as thousands of people are being killed in such close proximity to the border, Texas will never legalize it in the slightest.

7. If anything it'd be full legalization.
    Fully legal = weed in stores = no cartel suppliers
    Medical would be okay but it would get taken advantage of pretty quickly.

8. True that but i think also Fully Legal means that lawyers, cops, and prisons wardens will loose a lot of money on petty possession "criminals", and then to keep that flow of money from changing too much they might up the price of traffic violations two and three fold or something of that nature. I sure as hell hope not but greed is a hell of a drug..

9. [quote name='"bornBalla"']
    True that but i think also Fully Legal means that lawyers, cops, and prisons wardens will loose a lot of money on petty possession "criminals", and then to keep that flow of money from changing too much they might up the price of traffic violations two and three fold or something of that nature. I sure as hell hope not but greed is a hell of a drug..[/quote]

Ah that you're right about. Honestly I'd say out hope would be farming industrial hemp would bring in a lot of money but cotton is already all over the place and I don't know how many farmers here would be too fond of getting their crops undercut by hemp. Distributors here would make a fucking killing though, Houston and Austin, well shit any town that has a college honestly. Its all a waiting game and well just have to see.

10. yeah i guess all we can do is wait and see. I just hope they don't try to do us like they just did in california. the la city council just passed some bill and it's causing a lot of the independent dispensaries to close immediately. And the only shops left open i heard are back by big businesses.:confused:

11. [quote name='"bornBalla"']

yeah i guess all we can do is wait and see. I just hope they don't try to do us like they just did in california. the la city council just passed some bill and it's causing a lot of the independent dispensaries to close immediately. And the only shops left open i heard are back by big businesses.:confused:[/quote]

Ah yeah I heard about that shit too. Bastards they are, but it's due to a lot of card gamers. Don't fuck over mmj patients by faking something to get a card, just take advantage of the fact weed will be readily available all the time by people lookin to make some money. Shit I know I'd do the same thing as all them though....I'd just try and be a little smoother about it. At least fake real symptoms versus saying I have "restless leg syndrome". That's the problem with it not being fully legal though, people love cheating the system.

12. damn i didn't know that part of the story?? hm.. that's crazy!

13. damn i didn't know that part of the story.. hm.. that's wild!

14. Beto Orourke is taking over sylvestre reyes for el paso area he is pro pot hope he can get the ball rolling

15. The democratic party put legal medical pot for Texas as a top priority. We will have to let the people vote!

16. Have you ever been to Texas in the summer time? It's so hot, Satan doesn't even go there. Fuck that shit.

17. One problem, the jusus loving republicans would die before seeing this happen.

Oh yeah here is the Democratic platform for Texas in 2012 verbatim.

DECRIMINALIZATION  OF  MARIJUANA    Decriminalization  of  marijuana  does  not  mean  we  endorse  marijuana  use,  but  it  is  only  a  call  for  wiser  law  enforcement  and  public  health  policy.  Prohibition  of  marijuana  abdicates  the  control  of  marijuana  production  and  distribution  to  drug  cartels  and  street  gangs.  Such  prohibition  promotes  disrespect  for  the  law  and  reinforces  ethnic  and  generational  divides  between  the  public  and  law  enforcement.  Every  year  hundreds  of  thousands  of  Americans  are  arrested  for  marijuana  possession  violations-‐  far  more  than  all  those  arrested  for  violent  crimes  in  America.  Societal  costs  dealing  with  the  war  on  drugs  concerning  marijuana  exceeds  12  billion  dollars  annually.  Since  the  war  on  drugs  began  85%  of  the  arrests  for  marijuana  have  been  for  possession  only.  Marijuana  is  no  more  dangerous  than  tobacco  or  alcohol.  Recent  polls  show  over  50%  of  Americans  believe  marijuana  should  be  decriminalized.    While  arrests  for  marijuana  since  1965  have  been  over  20  million  citizens,  marijuana  is  more  prevalent  than  ever  before.  There  is  no  evidence  that  marijuana  is  a  “gateway”  drug  leading  to  use  of  other  more  lethal  drugs.  75%  of  citizens  arrested  for  marijuana  are  under  30.  Minorities  account  for  a  majority  of  those  arrested  for  marijuana.  Criminal  conviction  permanently  scars  a  young  citizen  for  life.  Texas  Democrats  urges  the  President,  the  Attorney  General  and  the  Congress  to  support  the  passage  of  legislation  to  decriminalize  the  possession  of  marijuana  and  regulate  its  use,  production,  and  sale  as  is  done  with  tobacco  and  alcohol.  We  further  urge  the  immediate  decriminalization  of  possession  and  use  of  medical  marijuana

18. That doesn't mean that the politicians running for office actually support that platform.

19. Really... I was sharing the platform not saying it "going to be decriminalized". If you read a previous post of mine I believe it says that the republicans will most likely keep it from happening... I love when people read one post and think they know everything...