Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anything I can do we freezer burnt bud?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by slopemat, Feb 17, 2019.

1. So i’m very sure this bud I bought is freezer burnt, the potency is next to nothing. (the purple ones obviously lol)

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I am no expert but I do not believe there is a whole lot you can do about it unless the bud is genetically purple. Buds have a green pigment from chlorophyll which is used to help it absorb energy from light, or photosynthesis. Under cold temperatures chlorophyll can break down and allow other colors and pigments of the weed to become dominant. The purple you are seeing is from anthocyanins, which is a flavonoid in your herb. Anthocyanins doesnt always present itself in a purplish hue it depends on the genetics of your strain. A lot of people would believe that the high anthocyanin content in your bud would have a lot of medical benefit such as as anti-inflammatory and helping vital organs, some even suggest it improves your vision. There's not a lot of evidence on the health benefits of it, however I personally wouldn't disregard it considering how many different compounds there are in bud and how they change for various purposes, such as decarboxylation.

It's not the loss of chlorophyll, and the purple color of your anthocyanins alone that makes the bud less potent in THC however. It's likely the stress itself your bud was put through. Think of it like the leaves changing color in the fall before they wither and die.

You could try to eat the buds, but only a little bit at first and then the rest later because of the unlikely chance the purplish burnt color was some form of decarboxylation and your liver converts your bud into 11-hydroxy-thc. (Again, wishful but very unlikely). Even if you cant get buzzed off it then there's the other unlikely chance the bud has converted some cannabinoids or your anthocyanins have some sort of health benefit that your body might enjoy, however I doubt you'll get any type of super vision or rapid heart improvement.

So you could try to smoke it all at once, or eat it because well what if and why not? Just sprinkle it over some pizza and chow down.

Or do what I would do unfortunately, and through them away. Like I said I'm no expert so that may not be sound advice, I pretty much just gathered the agreeable information from various sources and compiled them into a late night rant for you.

3. I have had purple bud many times before
    Isn't it a big selling feature , hey I have purple bud

4. I'd for one buy ut, and then I'd brag about how purple it is, until we smoked lol

• Funny Funny x 1