Anything I Can Do To Save Her?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by WisdomKarp, May 23, 2013.

1. The lime was added to try and bring the pH up I guess. At least that was my logic at the time.

But okay, just so I know I understand you, you're meaning to take the pot away from underneath the plant (which is still woven through the scrog grid)?  Also, in terms of soil composition, I'm guessing I should probably see if I can remake the soil into something more ideal?  I've got that peat based compost which the label says has a ph 6.0-6.5, add perlite for drainage, do you recommend anything else?

2. If you decide to replant the girl do so gently by cupping the roots with your hand, and hold her in water and gently work the soil from the roots as you soak... don't run water over the roots, simply soak it away.

3. #23 WisdomKarp, May 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2013
    Alright, cool, thanks for the help again.  Damn, I had hoped to avoid trying to transplant like this, since I'm worried I'll fuck it up.  Is there any other option or should I just man up and do it?

Also, would it be okay if I left the root ball mostly untouched?  Or would that not help?

4. #24 mmman, May 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2013
    Just do it, and be easy and the plant will hardly notice... trust me, I've done it multiple times over the years. Can the lime and get her into some good soil with proper ph run-off with 50% nutes thereafter and watch her improve. I know it would sound radical to most, but who cares what anyone thinks if it works, right?

5. Okay, I'll do it then, watch this space for an update.  Also, if anyone has anything to add, feel free ^^;  There's no such thing as too much advice >.>.

6. Things aren't going well =(. 
      For a few days after she seemed the same as she was before, which I gathered, is to be expected.  But I checked on her today, just as the lights came on and she's drooping quite badly.
    IMAG0327.jpg IMAG0328.jpg IMAG0329.jpg

Have I fucked this up? =/...

7. No, not at all my friend, probably the plant is expressing these symptoms because it's still loaded and out of balance, takes a little time for correction, and this plant will be set back a bit, so be prepared to spend a bit more time with her than the others. Can't remember, is this your only plant or do you have more? I know it was work, and scrog can be difficult to remove a plant, was it very difficult to remove, and are you going to replace her to the original location?

8. I've reviewed the before and after pix and can't see any noticeable difference. Did you get the ph run-off corrected?

9.   This is my only one, it's just a micro-grow in a pc box really, since it's a rented flat so I need to be able to turn everything off and hide it given little notice =/.  I am prepared to spend extra time with her though. I actually just removed the scrog screen from the inside of the box and then lifted the whole plant, pot and all, scrog-screen still attached, from the box to transplant it. 

I did, more or less. The soil is still acidic, ph in was about 6.6 - 6.8, and the runoff was about 6.4-6.5, which I thought was good enough.  And honestly, that seemed like as good as I was going to get, since it seems all the soil I have (same bag as before) is slightly more acidic than it was before.   I know it's that, since during veg, and up until a couple weeks ago in flowering, the plant was doing fine, if growing a bit on the slow side.  The side of the bag of soil (a peat and wood mulch based compost) says it's pH is between 6-7, which seemed ideal at the time.

But it's good to hear that it's not alltogether screwed though.  Thanks again for the help.

You very welcome, friend, please keep us updated?

11. #31 ndavisenterprise, May 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2013
    Could you upgrade to a tent like this in the future? This one is only 48"x24"x60". These types of tents are light proof and low profile! You would step your game up ten fold!!!  That is about the same size space I have to grow in my closet. I just wanted to suggest, in case you didn't know.  I use a tent about this size for my veg room actually. Here is a OG Kush I put in yesterday. :)

http://www.maxtool.com/Agricultural/products/VS4800-24.asp

Attached Files:

12. Have you ever had success inside of this PC case? It sounds like a terribly cramped space and I couldn't image flowering anything besides one branch inside of it!!!

13. I havn't, but I do know for a fact that it's possible.  I'm not exactly expecting a massive yield or anything though.  I am seriously low on cash at the moment, or I would have gotten an actual tent, but most of my setup has been put together out of things I've had lying around.  Just had to buy the seeds and soil etc.

14. I hear that man! Keep hackin at it!!! Keep it green!!! :D

15. She seems to have started to perk up.  There is what looks likes nute burn though, so I'm sticking to water next watering, though I was planning on giving her some molasses. IMAG0333.jpg IMAG0332.jpg IMAG0331.jpg