Anyone's local dispensary closing due to COVID-19?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Deleted member 197774, Mar 13, 2020.

1. #1 Deleted member 197774, Mar 13, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2020
    Are anyone's local dispensaries temporarily closing due to the COVID-19 hysteria? I live in Mass and theres been a bunch of cases here apparently and I am planning on going to my local shop tomorrow since my guy is in MD right now...I'm just hoping I dont wake up tomorrow with a notification that the shop has suspended operations because of this 'pandemic'. I am bone dry right now.

So has anyones local shops closed because of this?

• Like Like x 1
  2. All the more reason why all legal states need home grow. I'd stock up if I was you though.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. got me a 1/4 today incase hopefully itll be over with in 4 days cause ill
    Need to re up ha

Sent from a see through door in another dimension

• Like Like x 1
  4. micro dose vaporized cannabis flower . Like point 1 in an efficient vape , try it out

• Like Like x 1
  5. Haven't heard of any closings but I haven't looked very hard. IMO recreational-only dispensaries are far more likely to close than medical cannabis providers.

• Like Like x 1
  6. funny you say that because the dispensaries in my area have closed there sales to recreational patients but are still open for medical. :)

• Informative Informative x 3
  7. I think in my state medical cannabis businesses are considered essential services because they're medical providers. E.g. pharmacies etc aren't going to close due to a health crisis.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. My city is in stay-at-home mode. Essential businesses only are allowed to be open for the next month. My job shut down and I'm out of a job for a while (I had a little vacation I was saving for so I have money for a bit).

Anywho, all that was just to say my grow shop is still open because they are considered an essential business because they sell medical equipment lol Pretty great actually.

Edit to add: Also, we don't have any dispensaries at the moment because we are pretty new to the medical scene, were suppose to get some this spring but we'll see I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  9. #9 thun, Apr 1, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2020
    For medical patients (card) only with Temescal.

Deleted link - ICGreen

10. If ur state makes tax money off of weed they will stay open. My city has numerous grow facilities and med stores. Deemed essential

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Respectfully speaking, it's not the taxes. If that were the case then the recreational stuff would be open for sale too. In the states with both only people with med cards are being allowed to buy.

It's deemed essential because they are providing medicine, the same with pharmacies.

12. I havent seen any that have closed completely but some have stopped selling recreational from what i hear. No 1st hand knowledge though, the ones close to me are still selling rec last i checked. Im surprised rec must be considered esential. I figured it would be med only or no sales at all by now. Covid 19 seems to be ramping up around here unfortunetly.

13. All ours closed but we can continue to order online.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Not true in Colorado. Our rec stores are still allowed to operate, and are considered essential along with liquor stores. They have taken measures such as adding online ordering and curbside pickup in order to comply with social distancing requirements, but many are open. It may not be about the tax $$$ but it sure doesn’t hurt.

15. Right ur whore isn't as desperate as my whore lol. Each state looks at it different. Here in Cali they have turned to Vampires over the taxes. They cut us to 6 plants a house! They will say it's essential for people to get their meds. But it's really the $$$$$$$$. Hell the are mad they only made 600 mil year one after stores started paying the taxes. There is talk they want to go from 30% to 50 in taxes

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app