Anyone work at a Ruby Tuesday or Fridays?

Discussion in 'General' started by DutchX5, Oct 10, 2010.

1. #1 DutchX5, Oct 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2010
    I used to work at a Chili's and I recently moved, and none of the Chili's around here are hiring. So I'm gonna drop applications at a nearby Ruby's and Fridays. I'd be working as a server/bartender.

If anyone works there, is it pretty chill? What kind of discounts do you get on food? What's the uniform?

Thanks blades :smoke:

2. Kittys are cool.

3. Never worked there but I heard that red robbins seriously overpays cooks, kitchen staff. Chill people too.

I had a friend who worked at fridays and hated it.

4. I don't think there's any Red Robins around here... I like working at Chili's and I'd assume that Fridays and Rubys would be no different. But one of the things I loved about Chili's is that our uniform was jeans and a black polo. It felt natural. But I know a few years ago at Fridays they had to wear those gay striped button downs and have flare on their suspenders and everything. I don't know if that's still the uniform.

5. Around me friday's doesn't have to wear "Flair." No place does.

6. I worked at Fridays. IT was pretty fun.

7. Yeah i'd assume it's basically the same as Chili's. What was the uniform? The stripey shirt?

8. I always thought id be sweet to be a bartender. Just chillin there cleaning glasses for people talking to the all the cool people coming for a drink. Good way to meet women :D

9. I couldn't imagine working at a restaurant like that. How is it? Does it suck or not that bad?

At least you wont have to work there in your 20's though.

10. well played good sir "tips hat"

11. It's a great job if you're in college like me. Once you learn the ropes it's easy to do while high, and most of the people in the restaurant industry smoke too. Back at the Chili's I worked at most of the people that worked there were high. You have to have good people skills though.

You get to meet a lot of chill people at your tables too, I've gotten girls' numbers on a few occasions.

It's great because on busy shifts like Saturday nights, you can go into work broke and walk out with $200 cash in your pocket. And that's just for one night.

12. Nice. What do you plan on doing after college?

13. I plan on doing something in photojournalism. I want something that'll let me travel a lot, plus I love photography and writing so it seems like a good fit.

What about you?

14. Graduated with BS in Comp Sci, have a software dev. company now :)

Photography does kick ass :D