Anyone work a good job AND able to smoke weed?

Discussion in 'General' started by Ray420, May 16, 2019.

1. I currently work two jobs in retail in order to pay the bills. I get by, but I want to get a state job or a county job in the next year or two. I know you have to pass an initial pee test with most jobs in my. The question is do most jobs only do an initial test or will they do surprises? What jobs do you have?

2. A couple factories I've worked in pick say three of five people on induction day. Then it's a case of if they get an idea your under the influence or have reason to when you work there.. I've never been picked out.. I'm UK so may differ..

Sent from my 8050D using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. I live in NorCal emerald triangle middle of the redwoods. I work at a sawmill as an oiler making over $20 hour. Going into training for millwright soon ish that will pay over 24hr. Just because I live in Humboldt county though they do not give any leniancy towards marijuana. They do an initial prescreening drug test then after that it's about it. However because I live in Humboldt county almost everyone here smokes. So at the sawmill it's kind of don't ask don't tell.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Man, I'm so glad I live in a country where they understand that what you do on your own time is your own business. And weed is not even legal here. But basic human rights are top notch.

• Like Like x 2
  5. My last two jobs everyone would just hotbox the freezers on shift (one time with a green pepper and a straw). Of course these were both fairly easy restaurant jobs, in an illegal state however.

6. #6 JKill, May 16, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2019
    Reported

• Like Like x 1
  7. I would think that government jobs might do random drug tests but I could be wrong. Maybe learn a trade most of them don't require drug tests or if they do it's only pre-employment and/or if you come to work high and it's effecting your performance and they suspect you're on something.

8. Absolutely, I do. Many industries don't drug test.

9. My dad works at the post office, he’s a distribution clerk, I don’t know how much he gets paid but I think it’s a lot. Good job and they don’t drug test, they do the first test when you first get the job I think but after that you’re good, unless you start walking around lookin half baked n shit.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Usually education is a good field to work in.
    They use a lot of trades/skills. Everything from landscapers to counselors to IT to HVAC, etc.
    I was never tested and no randoms.

:smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  11. #12 jay719, May 18, 2019
    Last edited: May 18, 2019
    Most government jobs test at hiring, and afterwards only do random test if you are suspected of drug use on the job or they just want to get rid of you. The exception is any job that involves personal or public safety such as police officers, prison employees, CDL drivers, and so on. I got random tested working for the prison in a support role, but did not when I worked for another department.

12. I am able work as a service technician at a hotel and conference center, doing $20/h few times a week. Got enough for the bills and some need-to-have luxuries.

Smoking weed is no problem for me, because I live in a country where you're not forced to piss in a cup at work.

13. I work construction.. they know they can’t drug test us or they’d lose more than half of their employees. Lmfao. So I’m good over here.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1