Anyone with some QWISO experience

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by bingochips19, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Damn, dude...220 for 2oz? Helluva deal...You gonna do hash with all of it or just one oz?

2. pays to know a cool grower.... last year i grew 1 clone, this year i did 3 clones 3 bagseed from like 2004 that i found in my parents house when i was visiting my old room.... germinated.... 3 females... aww the luck....

...growing any kind of is a rewARDing experience...i recommend growing to anyone with the area, privact, space.... its so easy growing outdoor... im trading a ounce of my kush for a 1000watt hps light hood, ballast. from a buddy of mine... this is going to be my first go at growing indoors... im super excited.... im doing 1 hydro and 3 soil....

he better not.... just do 1/2 ounce from each.... see how much you like the hash.... if you want more... do more..

3. that's exactly what I was thinking herer, i'm going to do a half ounce of each and keep them separate. i could mix them but i'd like to smoke them individually and do an analysis of the quality, taste, high, etc. i'll definitely be posting pics either here or in the stash jar thread when i get all this together. might be a week or so though.

i'm thinking that I might try to pick up more. i might try to get a friend to split it with me and get a QP, if that's possible i'll lose my fucking mind. in that scenario i think i might do an ounce of each for hash, then have an ounce of each to smoke and move to my friends.

just talking about this is giving me an erection.

4. from all the times we made hash.. every 10 grams of clippings and bud put in we got 1 gram of hash... Hash is just refined pot so of course you wont have as much as you would if you just smoked it the good old fashion way...

5. i see your point law, but there's significantly more THC in buds than in trimmings. i just had a thought, that it might be better to do the hash in 1/2 oz batches rather than in a full ounce. first to get an idea of how much it'll yield, second as a precautionary measure just in case i fuck something up, it would just minimize the risk of destroying beautiful buds.

maybe i'll try a small scale run of some BHO too, the amount of incredible things i can do with all that weed, it's blowing my mind.

6. in my experiance if you're using very very resinous plant matter you can get anywhere from a 10-15% return of good quality qwiso. more like 10% for quality first run and the remaining % will be decent quality qwiso from the second wash.

our average 1st run harvest is .1 of qwiso per gram of fluffy dank. thats full melt quality hash though. you can honestly pull up to 20ish% out but the quality will suffer severly. and lets not forget the whole point of making qwiso is to make bomb hash you only need a hit or two of. don't get greedy and make longer wash times just because you want to smoke more. if you wanna smoke more don't make qwiso and just smoke a lot of weed...

7. awesome thanks tyrone. this is the kind of experience I'm looking for. there are a couple of terms involved with concentrates that i'm not entirely familiar with, and some stuff that i'd just like clarification on. first, what does "full melt" mean, are there like "half melt" kinds of hash, etc. second, i was watching the weed report on youtube and dave warden threw out a bunch of terms (that i assume are common among those lucky enough to have medical cards), terms like "budder", "earwax / wax", and "amber glass." the amber glass looked like hash oil with pieces of glassy looking stuff in it. just some stuff i'm curious about.

he mentions the amber glass in this video:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMdkYC1A_VU&feature=channel_page"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

i'm sort of new to concentrates so forgive any ignorance.

8. #28 HererJordan7077, Sep 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2009
    alright here it is.... here is my 2nd batch of Qwiso.... 24 grams of grandaddy purple... i went for quality over quantity.... im going to do the 2nds wash tonight..... the purity compared to my first one isn't even comparable. my first batch is still drying while this only took a night to be dry... but i am going to let it sit for a couple days just to make sure.... anyway how i did it was i put everyrthing i was going to use in the freezer and make sure you let your buds get frozen..... i think that was the difference here... o and i used only buds for this.... i said fuck it and used all the stuff i was curing right now because i have 2 plants im going to harvest this weekend.....
    ... pics from my iphone.... GDP Hash in your face!!!

... all the hash i made has bubbled not burned when i light it.... its great quality.... i reccomend this to anyone.... its such a treat....

Attached Files:

9. oh man jordan that looks nice. i think i finally get to start my whole qwiso operation in the next few days. hopefully by sunday i'll have something for you all.

10. oh what was your final weight of the successful run?

11. can someone clarify how you store it.... i want to press it but i dont have a press.... any advice?

12. tyrone is completely right.... i havent weighed it yet... but its way more quality then my first batch.... id say its about 2-3 grams.... not sure. tho... there is still alot on the pyrex dish too....im going to smoke a bowl... iw ish i had my freakin digi... id make a milk vid.... ill take some more pics of with my iphone. brb 2 mins...

13. #33 HererJordan7077, Sep 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2009
    ... also i think the reason i got such good quality over my first batch was the amount of 91% isopropyl alcohol.... i only used about half of a 16 ounce.... id say i used 7 oz of the alcohol on 22-24 grams of GDP BUD:smoking::smoking:

heres some pics.....

OMG as soon as the lighter hit it... it melted bubbled sizzled... never burned:smoking:

going to wait another couple days to smoke it..... just to be on the safe side.... great hash tho

im high already... A++++ gotta love hash.... next im going to do cold water extraction... i think im going to just fork out money and buy a bubble bag in a week or so
    PS i cant wait to use this in my vapor bros....

Attached Files:

14. every time i've had hash i've just stored it in a little pill bottle. i've got one huge pill bottle that i can fit like a quarter in, then a regular sized one for eighths, then a little tiny one for hash. they're great.

herer that hash looks gorgeous, as does the roor, i'm super jealous.