Anyone with Military experience?

Discussion in 'General' started by Smokentoke420, Mar 6, 2008.

1. I'm thinking about joining the Army. I don't agree with the war at all, but I think it'd be a good way to get off drugs, get free college, save up money, and it'd look great on my fire fighting application.

2. You have to stay alive to fill out the fire fighting application. A friend of mine joined for similar reasons, but I've heard many stories about loopholes they screw you with so you don't get college money, and they take away the bonus they give you to begin with, etc, etc. You know, supporting the troops.

3. It all depends on what you want out of it and what your willing to put into it. I went into the marines and i credit it from saving me from myself. There are things you can do in there that wont put you in a fire zone, if you dont want to fight in the war because of your beliefs. I think you would do well, and it looks great on a resume.

4. Nice man, good choice with the firefighting. A kid I worked with today is workin towards that. almost had me convinced to do it.

I dont think you need any military experience to do that though.

Oh and man, you can get off drugs and save money from within man. Dont need the army for that, if you want to do it, you can do it.

5. If I get into med school I'm going to join the Navy so they'll pay for it. It'll suck but it
    A. Pays for it
    B. Would give me something if I decided to run for office someday
    C. Gives me signing bonus which would help me if I'm married
    D. Doctors don't fight on the front lines

6. I just got out of the Navy on January 20 of this year. I'm in college full time right now, which is nice. However, the GI Bill isn't all it's cracked up to be. It ends up paying for about a third of total expenses (tuition, books, rent, food, etc. etc.). I was in for 4 years, and I pretty much hated it. I joined because I was into meth real bad. I don't regret it at all, even though I was unhappy for 80% of the time. I wouldn't join the Army though, that's just my 2 cents. This isn't a commercial or anything but the Navy of Air Force is the way to go. You have to think about life after the service. If all you can do after the military is shoot a gun, you've got problems. Join one where your job is actually useful (they sent me to school for maintenance and repair of hydraulic, electronic and mechanical weapons systems; i now have my journeyman's certificate). Even if you plan on going to college after service (like I am currently doing) it's nice to know that I could get a bad ass job right now if I wanted to. Another thing about the Navy, you will always have a hot meal and warm bed. Not to mention that you are not as likely to get shot at!
    (AND THE NAVY HAS FIREFIGHTERS. THEY ARE CALLED DAMAGE CONTROLMEN)

7. i don't know shit about the millatery but im glad to see your trying to make some changes in your life

good luck and my friend recomends the navy

8. The main thing is talk to the people who were in, you'll hear the good and the bad. Do the research and make your own mind up, you'll do fine. Oh and they do make a good point about the navy, when i was in the marines i spent a little time on a coulpe of ships, those sailors eat good man, nice clean warm beds, its like an 8hr job.

+Rep, for trying to better yourself, good luck.

9. It's also a pretty good way to die.

10. don't go to the military. why would you fight another mans war when you got one right here at home?

11. Because it gives you structure to assemble your life.

12. No matter what your recruiter tell's you take nothing but your order's, you'll have to buy from the px when you arrive on base. They give around 250.00 I think so you have money to go shopping.

ps. you could bring a few thing's with you, but they take them throw it in a closet and lock it.So you run a risk because its just a key lock.

13. there's still no reason to go kill a bunch of people just because some bitch ass president says so. real men don't jump when another man tells him to, especially when that man doesn't do anything himself, you don't see him out there on the frontlines.

14. The profound ignorance baffles me.

Good call on the Army, SNT. The military has TONS of benefits that you can't get anywhere else. Good for you man.

To you fools that don't support the troops, fuck off.

15. Ah come on...they need so much support it's clingy and sad. And the matching outfits? Kinda gay.

16. You were cool up until this statement.

17. So now they're untouchable? One must not joke about the military?

18. that's pretty fucked up bro.:mad: i'm glad to see that my service to my country was well appreciated. why don't you join the rest of us here in reality? the service members and veterans of this country deserve more respect than you could even fathom. the only appropriate reply would get me kicked off the city, so i'll leave it at that.

19. I don't support the troops, I support bringing them home. I guess I will go fuck off now. :rolleyes: