Anyone with Amsterdam Experience?

Discussion in 'General' started by imadamnlegend, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Looking to go to Amsterdam (from the UK) over the summer before the laws change and wanted to know if anyone has been there and what advice they may have regarding coffeeshops, accomodation etc...

:smoke:

2. Keep your money and weed in your hands ! Pickpockets everywhere or I am a very paranoid high -_-

3. Im an American and I'm doing te same. Then going to barca I have hi hopes. Cnt believe the law is changing hahaha they're guna lose so much money in a world that is becomin more pro pot. In fact...who actually can hate weed

4. For this all you have to do is turn your wallet side ways in your front pocket. This makes it so much harder to get pick pocketed without noticing.

5. Just have as much fun as possible, it's a blast man. Not much advice to give about it cause you'll feel at home there:D

6. [quote name='"Hiiiibbbb"']
    For this all you have to do is turn your wallet side ways in your front pocket. This makes it so much harder to get pick pocketed without noticing.[/quote]

I don't carry a wallet though

7. [quote name='"lildeej90"']Im an American and I'm doing te same. Then going to barca I have hi hopes. Cnt believe the law is changing hahaha they're guna lose so much money in a world that is becomin more pro pot. In fact...who actually can hate weed[/quote]

In fairness I can understand their reasoning. The money from people just going to smoke weed there isn't going into their economy as a whole, it's only going to coffee shops and cheap accommodation. It's a shame and I disagree with it morally but meh.

In going to enjoy it whilst I can wahoo!

8. It is actually for multiple reasons. They do get taxed on it, people who are stones and drunk impulse buy more things and spend more money and those people who come ad spend money would diminish when this law passes. Even if by a small amount, it's still a very small place and can do with watever money they can get. This does more harm than good

9. do coffeeshops accept visa/mastercard?

10. I once flew over Amsterdam, couldn't smell anything tho :p

I really wanna go there soon :smoke:

11. [quote name='"cuddercudi"']do coffeeshops accept visa/mastercard?[/quote]

No, I'm there now mate.
    Cash only.

[​IMG]

12. I went for new year's 2000. It's been almost 13 years. I had a great time. As far as I could tell, the place has no laws. It was the biggest party of 1000 years. I fucked hookers, smoked all kinds of shit and passed out in the street one time. Got robbed, my hair caught on fire. It was great. I was only 20 years old. Couldn't even sit at a bar in the US and drink, and myself and 4 friends were completely unsupervised with rooms on both sides of dam square.

Probably the most fun I've ever had in my life.

13. Here ya go hope it helps. a copy and paste of mine from a guys post a few days ago.

Tourists are allowed. I was there two weeks ago.

Coffee shops all around the touristy area. All have pretty decent pricing.

Mushrooms are available in the smartshops. Those will be shops that quite literally say smart shop on the window. Those smart shops don't sell weed, just pipes, accessories, and shrooms. Look for a shop called kokopelli when you get there, there's a real nice guy in there that will tell you about proper etiquette and the good shops to visit

It's all legal but the citizens there will hate you if you're an arrogant American. Some things to follow are when you smoke, don't do it in the middle of the street: do it off to the side, and keep it down. Don't flaunt the shit. And don't do it near little children or in the heart of the busy areas. It's frowned upon. That's one reason they're about to make it so only residents can do it: Americans come in and act like they're in paradise and start partying, smoking everywhere acting like high derps and making bad examples of themselves

good luck and have fun dude. Most coffee shops will have edibles, the side shops will have candies, sodas, and the like labeled cannabis but they do not thc that get you high, just a cannabis flavor. Don't let them fool you, some of those shops tried to push me to buy it until I read the ingredients.

A few things to remember in Europe:
    -Buy your water at the grocery store. Every restaurant and side shop mark it up by over 200%. It's crazy. In the grocery store it will be 1 euro for a big bottle. Eating out at a place, 5-8 euro for a bottle. Rip.
    -Tip is included in bills here, pretty much almost always. Then just round it up. 15.64? That's tax and tip included, just round up to 16 and pay that.
    -Try the french fries in Amsterdam with their mayo. Delicious, especially high
    -Souvenirs are mad expensive, and sometimes not worth it
    -Coffee shops will usually let you use their pieces, feel free to ask for a bong to use
    -The farther you go away from the center of town, the cheaper the bud prices
    -Most of the time you have to pay to use the bathroom. 50 cent euro or so.
    -You can't just go into a coffee shop and smoke whenever. You gotta buy something there first.
    -Carry your wallet in your front pocket. There's some seedy characters around, as is usual in a big city like this
    -Look for the sexy woman on bicycles. Actually, you don't even need to look. They're everywhere!

14. All the above is true.
    Got back to the UK Friday - spent about 250euro in 3 days on stuff, lol, drink food and drugs. It's a cool place but after my second visit it is outta my system, for good - if I go to Dam again it probs won't be (mainly) to smoke as there are some other great things to do there.

Attached Files: