Anyone Wiccan???

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by cosmic_jane, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Just wondering if there's anyone here who's wiccan. It would be great to share our journey:smoking:

2. lol...what kind of journey are you talking about??

maybe if you cast a spell of stoney on your marijuana it will get you higher.

3. Oh yeah, wiccan-to-the-bone.

4. Hello! Blessed be. I'm glad I found a Wiccan who doesn't mind "polluting" herself. Rock out.

5. Wicca is actually a religion that falls under the umbrella of Paganism.

I do not mind Paganism, for it has things to teach us... but Wicca... well, to put it bluntly, Wicca is for prepubecent girls who think "magick is cool".

I do not believe in organized religion, but I do admit to taking some of my beliefs from such religions as Paganism, Buddhism, and hell, even Christianity. But, most of my beliefs come from my own experiences and long thinking sessions about nothing whilst staring at the wall.

6. I used to date a Wiccan. Never really understood it, never saw or heard of a spell working... Though I did enjoy the idea of Skyclad. ;)

7. hmmm...

somebody tries to get in contact with like minded people and they're lampooned; called an idiot, irrational etc...

seems like a high level of intolerance...

I'm not Wiccan but I certainly don't have a problem with other people being Wiccan...

p.s. Level 20 phantasmal killer...save or die! (different game...I know)

8. WOOT! MTG FTW!
    but seriously, im not into the garden cults. but i do read up on old time religions skyclad....oh yeah the power of nakedness ;).

oh btw, rasta fuck the core set, go older my freind. 7th edtion and weatherlight are WAY better.

9. Really now Rudy. This thread wasn't about some outrageous wiccan claim, just one believer in a particular superstition seeking another.

I don't like horse obsessed girls, but I don't start arguing the matter with them just for wanting to join some horse riding club. I'll save that for later when they claim horses are good for anything else than Salami. :)

10. meh used to be. Now just sorta pagan. we'll find out one day neways so im not actually that bothered what happens as long as theres weed

11. I used to be into the Pagan thing... Not Wicca, really... I was more into studying the older pagan religions, and the shamans/medicine men. That kinda thing. That was when I was younger though.

12. Exactly... But that will change. Those that want to help the process can just simply report the offensive posts (it helps us mods find them - as these boards are quite large, and sometimes things get missed, lol)...

But yeah... Enough with the disrespect and thread-jacking... It will be put to an end. This goes for everyone...

13. I appreciate everyone sharing their ideas and opinions..there is only one rule which i follow and is it just coincidence or by design that this same thread is woven into the many belief systems of this world??..this is my golden rule

"do what thou wilt, but harm none"

isnt that fantastic?..its so simple and yet at times it is very hard to keep our perspective and our peace and just love someone who maybe doesnt like you becuz of some silly feature or idea you may have..as for

spellcasting..well its nothing more than a structured- very focused prayer to a greater power, whoever she/he may be..:wave:

14. Im curious, since Wicca doesn't have many tangible guidelines (that I know of).

Well just a few questions really.

• What is Wicca's view on 'creation' or 'the beggining' or whatever you want to call it?
    • Do they ACTUALLY believe in magic and spirits, or is that analogous?
    • Why is Wicca more appealing to you than say.. Methodological Naturalism?

15. R_M, I wasn't censoring anything... All the deleted posts were deleted because they were either ridiculing or had nothing whatsoever to do with the question asked by the person who started the thread. Read the title of the thread, then the first post, and tell me that any of the deleted posts were even remotely related...

Wicca does have the witches creed (or the wiccan creed)... They have certain guidelines, though it's as far from organized religion as you can get, really...

For the first question - I've seen that explained a couple ways. The most popular seems to be that energy came together, forming the "Lady". She then, creates "The Lord" (earth, the universe, etc. as well) who is sent to over-see life on earth (What most would call "Mother Nature" - or more-like Father Nature in this case)...

Yes, they actually believe in magic and spirits. Whatever you do comes back to you 3-fold (basically Karma), whether it be positive energies or negative energies... Some don't believe in spirits, but the majority do. The magic is a bit different than what most think. It's not the whole "turning people into frogs" deal, but more along the lines of focusing your energies, summoning the spirits, deep meditation, and the like.

I can't answer the third - as I have no clue what Methodological Naturalism is :D

16. You are so right on about the absence of very few rules (to live by) the wiccan creed is truly a prescription for the ills of the world..just a spoonful (of kindness) is all that is needed..a drop of desire, and a openess to be taught is all that is required and if you desire visions you shall be given many, and if you desire riches, you shall have the bounty of this earth and all that it contains..and if you should want to understand the deep mysteries of this universe and beyond you shall be given bit by bit, until you are filled with light..that same light is what created the universe..for there are only two real substances in the universe actually..matter and intelligence:wave: both eternal and without ending

17. Hello. Blessed Be )0( I'm a wiccan

18. Meee ️
    Don't be an asshat