Anyone who knows marijuana law?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by hockeyman07, Jan 26, 2009.

1. I live in OHIO (which has decriminlized marijuana)

I know if you are caught in poss. (of <100 g's) you get a 100$ citation and no record.

What about a minor in possesion? ARe you forced to go to a clinic for it and is it on record?

2. Hello Hockey Man :

If there is any consistency in how one state to another handles this I would assume it's something like ours here in California .

This issue is " Medical Marijuana " and it's use .

The key word is :

" medical "

and that precludes the purchase of marijuana from anyone but a designated and approved dispensary or as in California you can grow it if you are a " qualified " by a Dr.'s prescription for it's use . Personal growth here is 8 ounces of dry on hand pot , and 6 mature flowering plants and ( 6 ) intermediary plants from juveniles ( the first starting plants from seeds ) and then the others ( 6 ) which are not ready but not seedlings .

That means in California it's illegal to purchase marijuana if it's not from an approved medical marijuana co operative if your not growing your own .

Your state attorney general's office is the way to obtain a clear and precise rules of how you obtain it and so forth .

Good luck .

Local Boy

3. Hmm, it doesn't seem like you answered his question at all.

I don't know the particular protocols for Ohio, but in my experience, adults get much harsher treatment than minors. I got charged with possession as a minor in Iowa (and it's not decriminalized here), and all I got was probation for 6 months. My record was wiped clean when I finished probation. So if it's a simple misdemeanor for adults with possession in Ohio, I'm sure minors get the same treatment, if not more lenient.

4. Actually, on second thought...as a minor you might be required to do a drug eval and do some probation. It's really not a big deal though. Just money and red tape. It didn't affect my life at all when I got caught.

5. Possession of 28.5 grams or less of marijuana is not an arrestable offense. As long as the offender can provide sufficient identification and promises to appear in court, the officer will not arrest the offender.

Selling marijuana in any amount is punishable by 2 – 4 years in the state prison. Giving away less than 28.5 grams is a misdemeanor and is punishable by a fine .

Sale of marijuana to a minor is punishable by 3 – 5 years in prison.

6. I find it odd that I have never heard that it was okay to grow and have that amount of marijuana in Ohio.

Grasscity Deals Near You