Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anyone Watch WEEDS?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by IGetHi2Sublime, May 19, 2006.

1. My sister got i guess the whole first season. It was 2 disks.I watched it straight through. I love that show, Cant wait till the next season.

2. they called me shit girl.

lol

idk but its pretty damn funny in my opinion...very sarcastic humor if you watch it closely. Definitley one of the better "premium channel" shows. Can't wait for the second season as well, because I watched the whole first and enjoyed it alot. Just smoke a j or a nice bowl and sit back, guarantee you will think its funny.

Uncle Andy is my fav character, some of the ideas he goes through with are great.

3. I was reading a issue of High times last month and they said that they are suppose to have like a cannabis cup in that suburb they live in. I think it was going to be called the "Agrestic Cup" and they said that the next season is suppose to be better then the first.

4. well i think i may dl it..... is it anygood?

5. It's absolutely fabulous. The writing by Jenji Kohan is amazing and fresh as she depicts suburbia with a biting humor that amuses yet also reveals the fragile humanity behind her characters. The title "Weeds" not only encompasses the taboo of marijuana but the stagnant superficiality of suburban life. This is a series where "weed" isn't really what's wrong with the characters even though it figures so prominently throughout. One of the funniest lines is uttered by Kevin Nealon as he's trying to avoid a sticky situation by saying: "Don't look at me; I'm fucked up on cornbread." This snippet references the THC laden bread Mary-Louise Parker's character bakes up earlier in the episode. If your interest in watching the show is to see the deft accuracy of drug deals don't waste your time, but if you're looking for some solid entertainment, and satire at it best you've found the series. It doesn't hurt either that the Hemporer himself Mr. Jack Herer is listed on the credits for the DVD/Series.

Sit back, roast a bowl, and enjoy!

6. I only have HBO and the only series I watch on that is Entourage, I think I might subscribe to Showtime just for this show though...

7. I loved the way the first season ended... it did a really good job of setting up the next season which I'm looking forward to.

8. I've heard a lot of hype around this show.
    I'll have to check it out once the new season starts.

9. ditto

10. weeds is ok... not really my style. anyone watch Penn and Teller's Bullshit? its on Showtime. THATS a great show, my favorite ever behind the british version of The Office

11. Bullshit! is a fucking wonderful show, as is Weeds... can't wait for the new season.

12. i love that show

13. Well, the new season began on Monday, did anyone see it?

14. Not a bad way to spend half an hour or so, but the best two things in it are:

a) the theme tune - damned funny
    2) the female lead (she used to be in West Wing - dunnow her name)

It's not that she's agreat actress, actually she just plays the same role she did in west wing, and CJ Craig makes an appearance or two as a pot-head lawyer - which is pretty funny ("if you can eat it you can beat it") but mostly I just fancy the pants right off her - not sure why, but once I've had a smoke I turn into some sort of sexual predator and she really dials my number - always figured she's be a great shag.

Probably too much information for one day, but hey, if I like the show may as well tell you why right?

Laters

15. wow, if anyone watches this show as much as i do, that last absolute episdode had a bombshell ending, i felt so sick when that happened, i wanted to throw up when he said that too

16. I saw an interview on tv (just a short like 1 min thing) and one of the guys said they smoke really low grade marijuana (shwag) on the show, so they still get the buzz but aren't blazed as fuck. that's why it looks like shit when you look in the bags.

17. Ive seen all the episodes, season1-2

They have first 4 PREAIR epsiodes on bittorrent and have for weeks! I cannot wait for episode 5, but Im not going to spoil what happens for anyone

18. Hmm...I am going to have to doubt this. Simply because, the show would be getting attention from police, and government officials, and therefore, they would have to be crazy to use real weed as what they're smoking. It's likely some type of herb like catnip, or those legal herbal highs.

19. I heard a lot of good things about this show, and was disappointed. It just didn't grab my attention for some reason...might give it another try sometime when there is ABSOLUTELY nothing else on.