Anyone want to help me get into a new show?

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by flapflip, Aug 31, 2012.

1. I just finished most of the breaking bads and I'm just waiting for Sunday...

The show drug me in and held me captive and I loved it. I was also a pretty big House fan. I also liked Bones. I watched the first season of the walking dead but now I gotta bootleg the rest of them.

What can someone recommend? Preferably involving drugs lol. Also, I tried sons of anarchy. I'm not really into anything with bikers. Had to shut it off after 5mins. Trying mad men but it seems slow?

2. #2 So_savage420, Aug 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2012
    ^^^"Boardwalk Empire"!!! You'll love it dude great series, 3rd season starts next month so you can catch up using netflix.

Oo it involves selling of alcohol, it's during the times of the alcohol prohibition when it was made illegal, Nucky Thompson and Al Capone are in it as well very good stuff of you know your history.

3. "Mad Men" is slow but for some reason I never lose my attention, the style is so good. The pace does pick up about halfway through season 1 and then the rest of the seasons are spectacular.

I would recommend the show "The Newsroom" on HBO, really good show and makes you hate the media even more, lol.

As mentioned, "Boardwalk Empire" is awesome and can't wait for the next season, 2 weeks is enough time to blaze through 20 or so episodes.

Really anything on HBO or AMC for me and I'm good, "Game of Thrones" and "Walking Dead" are 2 others I watch.

"Workaholics" and "The Office" are the only comedies I really follow, network TV is so bland.

-Robb

ps - "Breaking Bad" is my favorite show on TV right now, season finale Sunday night!!

4. Wilfred is funny and has a lot of smoking in it....

It's always sunny if you don't watch it already.

Walking Dead is the tits when high azz well...:bongin:

5. The wire. I am only on episode 3 but every person I talk to about it says that its their second favorite after Breaking Bad.

6. I'd totally vote for you are you trying to be on the real world Istanbul?

7. If you haven't seen it yet then heroes. Really good show I recently got into.

8. East bound and down

Funniest shit ever, washed up professional baseball player becomes a high school coach nd smokes mad weed, do a lil caine nd mad other drugs

Check it the fuck out

9. I agree with the dude who said Eastbound and Down. I haven't had an LOL's per episode rating that high since Seinfeld.

Also check out Californication. It's an awesome show about this writer (Dave Duchovny) who moves from New York to Los Angeles and then shit goes down.

10. It's kind of old but you should watch Prison Break. I love the show!

11. that shit still on? i remember watching it 9 years ago or so.

12. I tried watching Mad Men once. It knocked me out like a handful of sleeping pills. I recommend Always Sunny or Burn Notice (on the USA network).

13. Southland - not enough people watch this show.. And in my opinion its one of the most realistic and original cop shows ever.

30 Rock(this is the final season though)

Parks and Recreation

Law and Order SVU