Anyone using the Titan G5?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by skanzy, Aug 29, 2016.

1. From the website....

The new Titan 5 is a state-of-the-art grow light from the LED experts at Cirrus LED Systems. Regarded as the most technologically advanced grow light on the market, it boasts a long list of industry firsts and exclusive features. Most notable of these features are Cirrus’ UVB LEDs, which have been shown to increase resin production by up to 28%. Cirrus is the first and only company to offer a grow light with this new technology, which also makes the Titan the first truly full spectrum LED grow light. The Titan lights also feature the exclusive Cirrus Leaf App, which allows you to wirelessly customize your light schedule and spectrum from any iOS or Android device.

Specifications:

• Input Voltage: 110-277
    • Power Draw: 500w
    • LED Type: mCOB
    • LED Qty: 36PCS
    • Spectrum: Full Spectrum includes UVA, UVB, and IR
    • Power Factor: >95%
    • Control Type: WiFi (App Based. iOS/Android)
    • External Dimensions: 35″ x 15,7″ x 4.5″
    • UL Listed
    • IP65 (Water & Dust proof)

2. That's probably one of the most badass LED's I've seen. I wish I would have researched for 6 months before I bought mine but I'm going to ride my setup out for at least a year. Those TItan lights look incredible. The UVB and smart phone app control make them next level.

Next tax return maybe I'll pick up one of their newest badboys for the bud room.

3. Lots of led with t-8 uvb bulbs to add the uvb but this Titan 5 light emits the uvb from the led diode. No changing your t-8 or t-5 bulb every 6 or 12 months. All the colors are from one diode, not like the most leds where each diode is its own color. The only thing I don't like about the Titan lights is the huge price.

• Like Like x 1
  4. For the wattage and quality/features they aren't bad. I don't think they are overpriced. I paid $950 without shipping for my marginal p900 platinum light. It's 515 watts. It has UV lights but I think they leave out the UVB at least they don't advertise that. I'm betting if they did they would talk about it. I had some super dank crystally bud from my last harvest so I can't put them down too much but I'm always on the look out for a better product.

With the way I am I can't leave the grow room alone plus my neighbor bought some so I'm going to be jealous after he harvests. I'm most likely going to add a double 4' fixture of these solacure UVB bulbs in the future between the p900 and p450. I figure that will make a pretty maxed out setup for a 4x4.
    Cannabis

5. For that price, that light should produce buds dusted with gold. The size of that fixture and the fact that you don't get a lot of reflection outward from that rectangle of light shining straight down means that you're spending $2,500 for a light that still will only handle 2 or 3 plants. For that kind of money, I can grow absolutely beautiful buds and set up a space that will grow much more in yield and the quality of the buds is just as good. Give it a few months and let the shine wear off it a bit...or you'll at least have some real opinions on it's performance, before you lay down that kind of money on a small LED fixture. Now if you were getting 2 or 3 for that price, that's might work. But that's just a ridiculous price for one lamp in my book. Unfortunately, I've not figured out where to buy the seeds to grow a money tree yet, but I'm still looking!! TWW

• Like Like x 1
  6. how is it small?
    35.0" (length) x 15.7" (width) x 4.5" (height)
    weighs 52 lbs
    covers a 5x5 area
    replaces a 1k HID

7. #8 Tbone Shuffle, Sep 3, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
    I understand the lure of HPS. It's so cheap now it's almost ridiculous. If you are on a budget I won't even argue with you it is hands down the way to go. However If you are more interested in quality than price there is no comparison. You simply cannot grow the quality of bud with a simple old school 1000 watt hps that you can with a titan 5. I'll stand by that. If quality is that important to you like an extra 10% of thc and buds that people trip out over. It's worth it. $2,500 isn't shit in the life of a pothead. I've spend $500 a month easy in my hard core days.

WW constantly preaches this formula of 2 or 3 plants per 1000 watts. Why do you not know that depends on how long you veg them? If they are kept small they can be grown on as small as 1 plant per square foot. Ever heard of sea of green method? Everyone doesn't have to veg as long as you do. There's so many different ways to grow I can't name them all. I budded 4 plants off of a 1000 watt equivalent last crop. I didn't run out of room or anything like that. I just grew them to the appropriate level before I put them in bud.

• Like Like x 1
  8. #9 REALSTYLES, Sep 5, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
    I have made better lights and so can you for that kind of dough
    Edit: Cree CXB3590
    20160903_175804.jpg

9. what are the specs on your lights?

10. How efficient is your light? How much yield do you get compared to electricity usage?
    Do you have to replace bulbs?
    What is the spectrum like? UVA, UVB, IR ? How blended is the spectrum?
    What is the lumens at a proper growing distance?
    How much PAR?
    How much heat is given from the light?
    What kind of canopy does it cover and what is the PAR rating on the perimeter of that area?

11. You funny those questions are for people selling lights that lie and there's no UV at all as for readings of PAR look through my threads and you'll have your answers. Oh yeah my lights are 56%efficient.

12. I just read your thread... I got some answers but enough to know that you are the funny one.

13. Good luck with that light. They don't even mention what brand diodes they are using and I've helped many build their own lights and not waste their money. There is no reviews or grows using that light but me on the other hand are using Cree CXB3590 which there are a lot of reviews and grows all over the net.

• Like Like x 1
  14. styles may be a little brash but he is correct, a setup of cree 3590's in a 4x4 would crush wht that light can do,and for the price u could probably put 2 or 3 cree lights together.

• Like Like x 1