Anyone using Co2 in a hydro grow box?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by HeadStash840, Nov 19, 2010.

1. How do you deal with Co2 leaking out ventilation intake holes? I have a small grow box 18x18x39'' ID, with a drip system. I have two 3.5'' holes in the bottom for passive veltilation and im worried that all of my Co2 is just gonna leak out since Co2 is heavier than air and will sink. I already bought all of the Co2 equipment controller solenoid ect. would just like some feed back from people who have used Co2 in a grow box and how you vent the box with out loosing all the Co2. Thanks

2. Make those 3.5 holes 4 inch holes and find some 4 inch backdraft dampers.They only allow the air to travel one direction.When you exhaust fan is on it will open the backdraft dampers,allowing air to enter your box.When you exhaust is off ie.. when your co2 is going the bacdraft dampers will shut keeping your co2 in your box.

heres a link to an example of a backdraft damper BetterGrow Hydro Online - Backdraft Dampers - Fantech.

Hope that helps :smoke:

3. Thanks, I was kinda thinking along those lines. Thats prob. what Ill end up doing plus the added sq. in. of the intake holes will prob. help turn my fan off sooner and help with the loss of co2 durring venting