Anyone used this instead of a Grow Tent?

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by devontodetroit, Oct 15, 2012.

1. I think we now know where they get those grow tents made...

same shit, different cover is all.

buyit a nd a roll of w/w poly to 'attach' to teh inside of the cover, cut vent/power access holes and make flaps for them...all equals a cheaper grow tent

2. Sweet, I thought so too. I'll give it a go ;)

Just need to make it air tight as much as poss.

DTD

3. How did this turn out? my tent is to big to go where i want it and im sick of the fan noise in my bedroom.

4. anyone try this yet ?

5. i read a bunch of reviews they say the fabric and such is horrible and rips super easy....

6. Why don't you use cardboard?

It would be just as big a fire trap with an HID bulb.

7. [quote name='"schidley"']How did this turn out? my tent is to big to go where i want it and im sick of the fan noise in my bedroom.[/quote]

I find the fan noise relaxing and now have a hard time sleeping without it, lol.

8. There is no relaxing when you've gotta baby in the house lol. Just need this weed grown and dried then I might relax a little lol

9. Won't fabric breathe? so it would probably leak a bit. If you have a baby you probably don't want your place to smell like weed. A solid cabinet will probably lower the noise more. So a grow tent would be in between?

10. [quote name='"yomandude"']

Won't fabric breathe? so it would probably leak a bit. If you have a baby you probably don't want your place to smell like weed. A solid cabinet will probably lower the noise more. So a grow tent would be in between?[/quote]

It's going up in the attic so smell won't be an issue

11. oh ok! not too bad I suppose then. Watch for fire if you're gonna use HPS

12. [quote name='"yomandude"']

oh ok! not too bad I suppose then. Watch for fire if you're gonna use HPS[/quote]

Yeah not really thought of that bit yet lol.

13. If you use common sense and the building isn't borderline condemned the chance of fire is low. Use something strong to hang the light, know what your circuits can handle, don't keep the ballast somewhere it might encountered spilled water etc..

Did I miss sarcasm or did someone suggest using Cardboard along with HID lighting?

14. even with common sens accidents can happen, it`s not a lot to invest 100$ more to get something that isn't a fire trap if something goes wrong. Espacially considering insurance won't pay a dime if they find out fire was caused by your grow.

15. I would suggest a DIY project.. I worked in apartment and an old lady had one of these closets. The fabric is semi transparent and the zipper was literally falling apart on it.. It's also pretty flimsy, not grow cab quality.