Anyone use this kit?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dsmreaper, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Hi all, quick question. Has or does anyone use the Technaflora Recipe for Success starter kit. I have read good reviews for other types of grows, but was wanting input from the growers who matter to me, it was fairly priced I thought for whats included, also if you do use it, do you use their mixing/growing chart that came with, it was very informative but since it isn't labeled for actual pot growing was just wanting to see if it would work. I hope so cause I already have one and since my grow setup isn't that large It would somewhat be cost effective for me, I payed right around 40 for it. For those who are unfamiliar with this kit it comes with the following:

500ml bottles:
    BC grow
    BC bloom
    BC boost

250ml bottles:
    ROOT 66
    SugarDaddy

125ml bottles:
    Thrive alive B-1 red and green(2 separate bottles)
    Awesome Blossoms
    MagiCal
    and a 7g "jar" of Rootech cloning gel.

Also I will be using this in a hydro tote top feed system with air stones to add oxygen to the water, any experience info with this system would be greatly appreciated.

2. I've used it and it works pretty well. The Sugar Daddy might gunk up airstones. I stopped using it and use the rest of the products with a DWC system. (Otherwise I choose organics.)

3. What if instead of the air stones then I just let the air feed line just hang open in the nute solution(with a check valve of course).

4. That works, too. Keep an eye on the roots. They'll tell you if the plant is happy or not. You do not have to use the Sugar Daddy, either. I believe one of the ingredients may be molasses, which explains the gunk.

The other parts of the kit are great. I pulled 4 oz off a revegged plant that was in veg for 4 weeks. (I only left about 8 fan leaves and trimmed it down a LOT before revegging.) I believe it is a little less concentrated than other brands, so you can compare prices based on how much you actually use.

5. I am still using that kit I had great results 4 my 1st grow an oz. off 1 plant n I followed the chart but now Im gettin better results with mixin it up my own way

6. Thanks for the info guys, and feel free to keep the info coming!!:hello: