Anyone Use PLANTMAX bulbs??

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by masterlights, Feb 21, 2011.

1. The bulbs i have now are hortilux 600hps but their so damn expensive i was just seeing if anyone has used the plantmax 600 hps or any of their bulbs and can give me insight to their performance.I believe their lumen output is a lil lower than the hortiluxus.

2. I have a 1k watt MH that I run on my switchable ballast after my plants come out from under the floro and before i induce flowering with my HPS. Only cost like 40 bucks and I have no complaints. That being said I don't know if I would rely on the quality of one for my entire flowering cycle. But that is just speculative, I have no experience with that.

3. Their 600 hps seems working well, I bought 2 pcs last month through a onlinestore bulbspro.com, so far no trouble, their price is really cheaper than hortilux, I donot know what hortilux works, but I used a solid Venture ballast.

4. I did unfortunately use a 1000 watt metal halide made from Plantmax and I wish I'd spent the money to get a Hortilux Blue metal halide. The chemistry inside a Hortilux is far, far superior to any other bulbs on the market. Their prices are of course outrageous but you get what you pay for. I personally would prefer a SolarMax over a Plantmax lamp. But again, you get what you pay for.

I'm going to buy a Hortilux 1000 watt Blue MH next week to veg the grow I just started so it'll be up to par with what I want when I harvest my buds. If I bought a Plantmax again I'm afraid the plants wouldn't be getting a complete spectrum of blue light.

5. ...go cruise you tube for a grow shop comparison, I lost the link but I think they preferred your bulb...?