Anyone use paraska LEDs?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by wEEDhEAD1, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Nah on there website there's a 100 dollar difference. I'm in U.K It's difficult. I think someone offered me a deal because the cc is old now..

2. Yeah I tried hlg and even timber but shipping was over a hundred both cases. Also the time constraints. I'll be going to a big hydro shop tommorow and they have the spectrum King cc and mlh so in gonna try one of them for now. They also have the spectrum King big one for like £2500 lol. I have very little choice over here. Keeping to budget is hard!
    Qb in the future maybe..

3. So it's not the CC apparently there's two versions of the mothers little helper! A 100w and a 140w. My mate ended up picking it up for me today. It's the mlh 100w. I'll go pick it up tonight.

4. I think spectrum king is one of the best and I wouldn't hesitate on one if that's what you have available. They have some impressive lights. I like the SK400. That's the one I wanted for flower. It covers a 4x4 area with 480 watts. I've seen the videos on youtube. The par ratings it does with 480 watts are higher then a 1000 watt hps.

The SK400's sell for about $700. When you consider that if you wanted to fill a 4x4 with Quantum board panels like mine the price on those is $325 each without shipping. By the time you got two to fill a 4x4 you'd be looking at about the same cost as the sk400. Two QB 260's would be potentially up to 550 watts or so if you ran them turned near full but the recommended coverage area and cost is about the same.

You may spend $700 to fill a 4x4 with spectrum king but unless you ruin the plants I bet you can get at least a pound out of your first harvest from it for half of traditional indoor grow room electric costs. How much does a pound cost where you are at? I bet it pays for that $700 light first crop if not many times over. I was upset at how much I spent on my light setup costs originally going with led almost 2 years ago (about $2,100 for 2 4x4 areas). After the first crop though I paid for the entire garden, all the electric costs, and then some when you consider how much money in weed those light grew. A pound goes for a lot around here. By now my small investment in good lights has paid for itself over 10x. You're investing in something that makes a product worth significant money, not investing in something that remains stagnant or depreciates.

It's almost like buying carpenter tools so you can get work done being a carpenter. Do you want the best tools so you can get work done better and faster that you have to wait and budget for or do you want cheaper tools to get started faster but end up with not as good of a job in the end and possibly broken tools.

It's not free to fill a significant area with the higher quality leds but neither is the best hps stuff. If you wanted the higher end reputable ballasts and hoods you'd spend over $500 just putting a 1000 watt hps fixture together that covers the same area.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yeah I can see how they would pay for themselves, and when i got the money I'll most probely be asking for your advise again lol. Those qb kits do look pretty awsome.
    But an example for you to show you how shit the market is over here. The sun master sk400 in the hydro shop goes for £1200! That's an extra 500 even without the currency difference..

6. They have loads on ebay mate. 350 for the 100w and 450 for 140w