Anyone use House and garden nutrients for coco?

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by rude, Aug 19, 2012.

1. I started using the h&g line for coco and was wondering what is a GENERAL EC levels would you run? If you look at the standard feeding chart they do not have a calcium/ magnesium supplement... is that because the feeding chart says to use 7ml's of A&B per gallon? So it's not need? If you use 7 ml's of A&B the EC around 2.0 (Ro water is .1) The h&g chart tops out at 12 ml's in weeks 6/7.... Happy to to be a member, I've been reading this Site for months now, love it!!!

Thanks in advance for all the comment!

2. #2 967, Aug 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2012
    I use it, i'm looking at a feeding chart right now which says 1.5ml/litre weeks 6 and 7 (1.2EC), 3ml/litre weeks 2 to 5 (2.0EC). I don't go over 1.4EC a+b at any stage and don't have any deficiency problems (though i did first two runs, mg def). My water is tap at 0.06EC..

First grow i fed 2.0EC, topping out at 2.8EC and didn't really get any burn. You can run high levels of h&g which would put your calmag up, but my current grow at 1.2EC a+b and 0.3EC koolbloom in flower, with occasional epsom salt i did not suffer deficiency..

Your chart seems much different to mine. I wonder if they have changed the formula or alter it based on which country its destined for. My bottles say "not for sale in canada or north america"

3. I can't completely answer your question but I could add my two cents.

I use H&Gs whole line. I add a little cal mag but not every feeding and when I say little I mean 1 tsp per 3 gallons. The chart online has a choice of reservoir size. Also you can change aggressive or normal feedings. Just in case you didn't see that.

4. Thanks for the data dump!

When using the Amino treatment do you use the full 3.8ml/gal? That stuff is kinda expensive and i want to use half is not less to save some cash, but do you think it will have a negative effect on the plants?

5. No negative effect. I honestly think that they know there prices are high and the want you to use the shit out of it. I use less than what they say on those type of nutrient. I will use exact on the a and b. This is just my opinion but when I see a super dark nutrient I like to use less of it because I believe less is more. Now there are exception but it's better safe than sorry.

6. I periodically use Epsom salts to add magnesium until starting shooting powder, although when I called the HG Rep he said the base nutes have plenty. I do best staying under 2ec and I also drop the a/b when introducing shooting powder. Start with a low ppm/ec, read the plants (how did they respond), and adjust levels from there.

7. So you drop the A&B completely when using shooting powder??? I never thought of that... I will have to try that. Thanks!!

8. I generally don't go above 7-8 ml/g at the highest, and I never use cal/mag supplements, they aren't needed.

9. ca/mg not needed? are you using tap water laylow?

i just had to switch back to HG from canna cuz its more readily available for me

ca/mg problems popped up almost immediately

started adding 3ml/gallon to my RO water and the problems disappered

thats just me though

10. ill agree with not going over 7-8ml per gallon of their base though

in veg im running at 6ml/gallon

flower i bump it up to 7ml/gallon

but you know that old saying, "what works for one person may not work for another"

11. I use RO water. I've never had ca or mg problems since I started using H&G. I even gave away the bottle of CalMag I had since I no longer need it.

12. thats crazy

if im not using it in veg, ca/mg probs pop up like a zit on a 7th grader

13. That's odd. The only issue I ever have is slightly weak stems, but I mix in a little of an organic mix and that seems to help. I don't have ca/mg problems whether I add the organics or if I run just a+b.

14. i used to run HG years back, not really when it first came out... but not long after

i dont recall having to use any ca/mg, but it was so long ago i cant remember

either way, ca/mg is just kinda something someone should have around anyway imo, so tossin in 3ml/gallon aint shit

what kinda additives (if any) do you like to run in flower?

im just using 4ml/gallon of Hydroplex

15. The only things I use right now are H&G cocos A+B and AN Mother Earth Super Tea Bloom. I get good results with these 2. Mother earth super tea can be used as a base, but I usually just use it as an organic additive.

16. Lots of commercial growers in California run the H&G line with various custom formulas so me thinks there is something to this! Top feed with Cocoa a&b is muy bueno.