Anyone Use Hot Bong Water?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by GanjaNovice, Aug 9, 2011.

1. I like using hot water in my bong if I am sick and vaping through it, it feels goods on a sore throat but I don't know how I would like hot smoke, I guess I'll have to try it one day

2. Each to there own but personally ice cold water is much smoother than breathing in the shower which is also nice(I take showers hot enough to make the entire bathroom a sauna by time I get out so I am not cold :p). One of the above posts reminds me of when we were smoking on a 41 degree day with 5 people in a tin caravan doors closed. It was hell but dam we got ripped

3. I use hot water in one of my bongs that uses very little water and i like it a lot. Much eaiser for me to hold in then with normal water and a lot of ice cubes. are there any negative effects to using hot water? I heat up a coffee cup for about 50 seconds in the microwave and rip the hell out of a pack

4. bro the water is there to filter, and cool down the smoke...

5. then warm/hot water would work better far more than cold.

you have smoke that's 400+ degrees (no idea how much more than that but I know lighters spark at around 1000F) going through hot water that's significantly lower in temperature, but not cold.

cold is simply retraction of heat, and by definition - that is cooling the smoke.

coldass water, like ice water, will return to room temperature within a few good milked hits, rather than gradually like a normal cup of ice water would. try it out.

6. I've only ever used fresh ice cold water but I might just have to try this for comparison.

7. well i use hot water in my top perc as the steam smooths the hits
    cold water in the first chamber as it cools the hit first

cools smoke/soothes throat
    try it
    tho i noticed with large dabs, it does feel hot n steamy

8. totally trying this right now

9. I've done hot water in a bong before. It does make the hits soooo smooth.

Good thread OP.

10. You actually get a smoother hit with warm/hot water
    but a cooler/cold hit with ice

Really depends on what you are looking for