Anyone Use Hot Bong Water?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by GanjaNovice, Aug 9, 2011.

1. fuckin around with extrememe temperatures isnt good for glass! be careful

2. Your right. that how i broke one of my bongs. i changed the water too quickly from super hot to super cold :eek: then crack.

Well now i know not to use it on thin glass. Although I do it all the time on my 19in bong that is made of recycled glass. Its really durable and can withstand the temp change.

I usually just fill it up with the hottest tap water i can find and then just drop a small tea bag in there and stir it up. Do this when you sick because your throat wont be nearly as irritated.

3. I was a skeptic awhile back about using warm/hot water, one of my buddies from the local shop had us come by, he filled his toro up with hot water and I took a hit and instantly was wow'ed by how awesome the hit was. Really smooth, by the time it hits you it's not HOT but it was warm so it did feel like a vapor. I enjoyed it, I switch off from time to time, hot/cold. I dig it tho!

4. #44 IeatBonghits, Aug 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Ahh verry interesting technique with the tea back am i safe to assume this would work with other things similar to vaprizer oils and other things that could open pours, help colds, or even liquid nicotine but to do some of this it seems the water would have to be to hot.

5. As long as you use common sense you should be ok. Drastic changes like putting ice cold water in a tube you just rinsed out with really hot water is a definite no no.

6. I wouldnt even dream of trying it in a glass bong id use an acrillic(idk how to spell it phone wont recognize the word) bong spend 20 bucks on that rather then breaking a nicee glass bong even if it was cheap still sad to see a piece break....r.i.p blastoise and cyndiqill(apologies for the spelling)

7. You're not going to break it by just putting the hottest water from your tap in. Be smart about it.

8. ive used hot water. i like it right before bed time :)

9. Im a little confused. are you using the oils with a bong or a vaporizer. Or are you putting the oils in the hot water?

The only way i think that putting oils in the water would help is if they are water soluble (easily absorbed in water). If they aren't water soluble then nothing is going to get absorbed and all your getting is just steam. I may be wrong tho

Well it would work for the exact reason you just told me. Steam and heat open pours and sinuses just as if you are sick in a sauna. after doing some light research on steam. it seems like there are only benefits to being in a steam room. so I would say its safe to assume this method is safe. I have only tried it with ground bud and a bong tho.

I'm hesitant to use a vaporizer-bong combination because the point of a bong is to make smoke less harsh(and to take massive hist at once:p) whereas the point of a vaporizer is to get rid of the harsh smoke entirely. So it seems a little redundant to connect a vaporizer to a bong with any temp. If you have a vape and your sick id def go with the vape first.

Same with oils. I don't have much experience with oils but i feel like oil/vap combo would work better than oil/bong. Unless you have the proper attachments. In that case, I would think it still would work just as efficiently.

Theraflu is a good tea btw and its in a powder so you can prepare it before putting it into your bong. imo id rather drink it.

10. #50 glazedKnuckles, Aug 10, 2011
    Lol who's arguing? He's stating something that doesn't apply to everyone, so I corrected him.

No arguments here.

11. #51 Verdurous, Aug 10, 2011
    Well, it didn't look like it to me. It looked like you were just trying to contradict him. I'm glad no one's arguing. It's pointless with something that's obviously a matter of personal experience and preference.

12. Posted this up about a year and a half ago (158 post 7 page thread on nothing but hot water hits). It's primarily taking about the benefits of vaporizing thru a bong filled with hot water, but interesting nonetheless: http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=2584

13. #53 flapflip, Aug 10, 2011
    SCALDING HOT water does not cool the smoke down >.<

14. Ok so I just tried this after reading the thread. Works great. Makes the smoke feel kinda vapeish. And you can taste EVERYTHING :D

Thanks OP! :smoke:

15. I love to use hot water in my pieces, but not scalding usually hot but not hot enough where I cant touch it. It feels lovely

16. You're welcome

17. I do this every once in a while. The hit definitely goes down a bit easier

18. yes... it does.... why don't you try it and see smart ass... your 4 year old logic is flawed.... try it and then tell me its not an amazing hit... if its not... ill SEND YOU 20$ in the mail.... no bullshit :cool:

19. i have tried warm water before and i just dont like the feeling of hot vapor going down the throat...i just dont enjoy it....its not like some soup going down..it just UN-appealing to me and ill take my ice cold water with ice in the ice pinch everyday over hot water...

20. #60 flapflip, Aug 10, 2011
    So, I tried it, and it was the smoothest hit ever. The hot water vapor opens your lungs up for a bigger hit and soothes the throat. Outstanding.

I can admit, I was definitly wrong :smoke: