Anyone Use Hot Bong Water?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by GanjaNovice, Aug 9, 2011.

1. and thats exactly why hot water is better

2. #22 Verdurous, Aug 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I always thought the bubbles were cool too. Can't forget the bubbles.

3. Heating up any kind of solvent increases the amount of solute it can dissolve. Maybe more components of the smoke are dissolving as a result of the higher temperature of water causing a smoother hit

4. tried it this morning, was very theraputic and enjoyable out of the roor, def going to be trying again!

5. ive tried this with my room mate a few times.

it is very nice when you are up for it. in way you can say its a sauna in your mouth.

6. im doing this right now, i already have a bowl loaded brb:bolt:

7. Personally i think it is smooth in its own that, in that the cold water is also very smooth.

Im down to blaze with either :cool:

8. #28 glazedKnuckles, Aug 9, 2011
    No. They dont.

9. #29 Verdurous, Aug 9, 2011
    Why do people people fight over stupid opinions like this? Just because you don't think they're harsher doesn't mean they aren't for the other person. It's immature to argue like that.

10. Humid air is much easier to breathe. It's better for the lungs, too.

What I do is get water as hot out of the tap as possible, then put ice in the ice catcher. You get the benefits of humidified smoke and the numbing effect and less irritation for the throat of cold water. It allows me to take monster dabs, I wouldn't be able to take hits nearly as big with just cold water without hacking my head off.

I've also found that using warm water gives the vapor more flavor when using my skillet. Cold numbs the taste buds and causes a loss of flavor.

11. Weird, i have been cooling my bong lately. I have found i can take larger hits but after i feel winded and my lungs tend to hurt but i like the way it hits at the time ive never had scolding water and honestly never heard of it any proof on one way being better? Linkage please?

12. OP, make sure the water isn't too hot in glass bongs. I accidentally broke (well, cracked the shit out of) mine testing this theory out back in like January/Febuary. :p

13. #33 BornHippie, Aug 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2011
    Well, I can start off telling you (without even searching) that there are plenty of experimentational bong water threads out there that not only talk about the temperature of the water, but even venture into using completely different liquids as bong water too.
    On topic:Yes, I have tried using hot water in my bong, and will say that it is about the same as you've described it here. It delivers a warm toke that also helps to expand your lungs, and apparently has other good assets to it also (based on what I've read). I also tried it with Powerade, and didn't really notice a difference with anything, on that one.Anyway, I haven't used anything other than ice and cold water since those little experiments, so I guess I didn't find it helpful enough to do it again (or just forgot about it, because I was too stoned). Either way, interesting to say the least, and I do recommend trying different temperatures with your water, because in the end everything is just personal preference.Peace&Pot :smoke:

14. ive seen this topic come up before, i always hit my pieces with hot water now. i love that steamy sort of smoke.

15. Yes they do. Who are you to speak for everyone? On a matter of opinion no less...

16. #36 mortiis11, Aug 9, 2011
    Your doing the same thing -_-

17. ^
    Your right. I'm sorry, I forgot to add "to me" to that statement.

18. Hell to the yeeah.
    I first tried hot water in the bong for vapor-bongin, and now it's my fave way to bong whether burnin or vapin.

19. As for getting the hot water am i supose to boil water or just let the water warm up in a faucet? And would there be an optimal temperature

20. Interesting. I want to try, but worried the very high water temperature might compromise the integrity of my glass... In fact I'm sure very high temperatures like those you describe or close will compromise most or all structural integrity of anything.