Anyone use Great White?

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by masterlights, Apr 13, 2011.

1. my friend at thrive has emailed me, and although their biologist is traveling this week, she sent me this article. which pretty much shoots ur theory to sh!t.mycos can live in water they just wont reproduce until contact with the root. and she said that their supplier Myco-Apply also provides a liquid product. and its not a new trend its over a decade old. so when asked for the source of ur info. deeply involed in the myco world ain't going to cut it. read it and weep.

Attached Files:

2. I read it and I am not weeping buddy. You really think an article written in an indoor gardening publication is valid? Ha ha ha. Shows how much you know. And if you didn't know Dr Mike Amaranthus is the owner of Myco Apply. He is less than credible. Pulling the wool over your eyes makes him more money. No mycorrhizae products reproduce in the packaging. They require host plants to do this. So what's your point there? I'm not sure you caught this because it is a pretty important point in that article, they state that mycorrhizae needs a well aerated environment. So while you could potentially obtain inoculation in an aerated resevoir please inform me how a bottle of liquid would provide this well aerated environment. I will say it one last time it is an AEROBIC microbe. Myco Apply and Dr Mike have had a good run at an industry that was uneducated on Mycorrhizae. There are bigger players than them. The Federal USDA has been studying mycorrhizae for a long time and guess what they don't do liquid mycorrhizae. Neither does Bob Linderman who was one of their head researchers for many years. Dr. Bob has a large part in us knowing so much about mycorrhizae. There is also RTI who is the nations oldest and largest producer of mycorrhizae. Dr. Mike learned how to culture endo mycorrhizae from RTI. They don't produce a liquid either. I wonder why? If it is so possible why don't the major players do it? Listen why don't you go get yourself some pure endo mycorrhizae. And I mean pure, no bacteria, no humic, no fulvic, no b1, no kelp and no trichoderma. Get yourself a nice plastic bottle and fill it up with water and your pure mycorrhizae and seal it. Then let it sit on a shelf for lets say 3-5 months. Then after that period of time do a side by side by treating one plant with your liquid and another with the dry pure form. After a month or two you can pull them and look at the roots. This should provide you with all the info you need.

3. i feel like shits gonna go down on the playground after class :D

4. well the thrive I use claim it has a shelf life of a year but I'm sure your deep involvement in the myco world will shoot that to shit.I caught the well aerated statement and don't know what your getting at there i'm in coco and I'm aerated just fine. and that article wasn't the only 1 she sent me she sent me 3 from different sources and they all said the same thing. now don't you think if this myco was so damn helpless towards living in water it wouldn't be around. think of the months of monsoons rainforest regions get and they thrive. the point being I gave you some sort of proof whether you agree with or not. I ask you for your proof and all you did was throw big names around. nice I'm done beating this dead horse

5. So, what's the end result of this thread? Does Great White work or is it a gimmick too?

6. people say that the mico in great white works, but is expensive... there is still no concrete evidence supporting whether or not the spores can lay dormant in liquid or if it just kills them. but there are other powdered variants of great white that other people praised, so i think overall mico bacteria would be worth trying for yourself to see what you personally get

7. Good deal, thanks! I just tried some out on some clones so we'll see. I really don't think $36 is very expensive to spend on supplies.

8. it seemed to work great for me....look at my roots a few pages back b4 i had to destroy them.....when they were seedlings i would mix 1 scoop in a gallon of water and water them....then when i transplanted, i took 1 scoop and sprinkled the gw around the entire perimeter of the hole i dug for the seedling to get transplanted into, so when i dropped the seedling in its new home it was sitting in gw. plants looked great.

I got a free sample of the stuff though, thats why i didnt mind using so much of it.

9. look for Oregonisms by roots organic (arora) I use it a few days after a molasses feeding that way the beneficial bacteria have the sugars and others to eat

10. great white is only a powder;)

11. maybe you misunderstood my syntax, im aware of the fact that great white is a powder, but other people mentioned other powders so you dont even need to worry about liquids...

12. actually great white or plant success have made Orca which is liquid great white.

13. No actually plant success is the company that makes great white and orca also great white has fungi spores and more benes then orca which has no spores only aggeressive benes but less than great white.

Short answer is yes tho everything that you will need is in great white after that its maintaining a good root zone by feeding the benes with molassas or another sugar based additive.

14. yea jerk thats what i meant with plant success, that it makes it, but if u dig further their not. ha ha and yea orca has only 4 endos and 11 benis, so I guess they dicovered which spores survive in water.

15. i see you know your stuff so i got a question :eek: what should i use on top of great white to get that root hair action really going? i was thinking of grabbing zho:confused: i mean i have great root production i just wanna see them fuzzy:D

16. well I have not used gw and am kinda surprised ur roots aren't fuzzy. I would suspect that there's an underlying cause to ur no fuzzy roots.

17. have you read the magazine 'rosebud'? there's a lot of good research in there, probably even some that proves how well liquid micorrhizae works. You can also see pictures of luxury vehicles in there in case you like to buy one. I don't know why you would compare water in a sealed bottle with monsoons in a rain forest. no logic, sorry.

18. my point on the rainforest was if it rains for so long and mycos " if can't live in water" then there would be no mycos left in the forest, because its flooded with water hmm plenty of logic there. vintage has shown me no proof, he said they can't live in water but now almost every company has a liquid product. and I also said I was done beating this horse.

19. Oh but it's not logical just because there are many bottled mycorrhizae.

When they sell small pieces of rainforest biospheres in the same container as the mycorrhizae then maybe your analogy would work.

20. so ur saying that the rainforest doesn't have mycorrhizae? there is endo and ectomycorrhizae everywhere on earth some places more then others. I used a rainforest cause of the monsoons that flood the ground for months. so if mycorrhizae couldn't live in water you might be hard pressed to find it in the rainforest, which is not the case. this thread has gone to sh!t $crew off!!!!