Anyone use Great White?

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by masterlights, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Agreed. The many uses for coco - and your full hydro regime being a very popular one - you definetly need to add more often. I apologize - if you were in fact using non-chemical nutrients it WOULD be simply a one-time application, as the mycorrhizae "herd" definetly, under the right conditions, continuously repopulate and expand. With chemical fertilizers, unfortunately, i dont think that its a healthy environment for biological life, and would in fact need to be constantly replenished.

At this point, then, while doing the full hydro/coco setup, with the cost factor of the Great White, I think that I, personally, might (and do sometimes), got with the Canna "Rhizotonic" - as it is already a liquid, slightly cheaper than Great White, and formulated for use with both chemical and organic based fertilizers. Its great stuff - if you get a chance, give it a whirl! I have had the surface of my pots growing great, bright white roots right up at the top! At first I thought it was some kind of nasty white mold, thats how bright the roots were! *lol*

Sorry for the confusion. So - with organics or any decent non-chemical fertilizers, the mycorrhizae is a one time application/innoculation. With hydro fertilizers go with more often - but maybe a liquid based?

Either way, mycorrhizae is an ESSENTIAL part of any good growing program - the results between using it or not using it are staggering.

Have an great day, and good luck!

jerry.
    :hello:

2. Im running canna coco with canna coco a+b with extreme gardening mykos and azos i just sprinkle alittle of both when i transplant and theyre loving it plants are nice and happy green with no yellowing leaves i notice the stalks are bigger also stems arent needing as much support as without using it. And extreme gardening is pretty cheap compared to most mykos

3. well now ive had a couple months with great white and my coco and the results are great.i just sprinkle over the top of the pots in veg and flower every couple weeks and the roots seem to be doing great.everytime i transplant from veg to flower i notice thicker and much more roots.they can seriosly cover the whole bottom of the 1 gal pots thick in a month.

and their much brighter white too.sometimes coco can stain the roots a redish brown color but with great white it makes them pure white.and seriously this 1 jar has lasted me a few months now.a little goes a long way for sure

4. Hiya Masterlights.

No matter what, though, please make sure that you sprinkle/dust the actual roots during transplant. Any mycorrhizae needs real root contact to work properly - Im sure that you are getting some down in there during watering, but its very important to get that initial innoculation to the very roots themselves.

I'm glad its working good for you! Good luck!

jerry.

5. Yup. I'm on day 22 of veg and I already need to transplant from my 1 gallon pots. I have 5 drain holes in them, and they are about 1 inch diameter holes, and some of the holes you can't even see any coco at all anymore. It's just a huge mass of roots exploding out of them. This is 1 gallon pots and day 22 of veg. Great White is fantastic stuff! Also like you said it makes the roots pearly white and full of feeder roots (the ones that look really fuzzy).

6. yea the feeder roots are crazy with great white...much more of them and thicker roots sure.
    For dusting of the roots your cant really do that until your transplanting from flowering so when im dusting my ladies during veg its definitly going down through the coco and attaching on the roots as i water them bc the roots i see during transplant are awsome.I ll definitly start dusting during transplant on the roots ball.

as for transplanting i love coco bc my ladies get 17" in usually 4 weeks or less in my 1 gal pot then i throw into flower and transplant.they seriously grow 2 inches a day if they are thriving in veg.

7. Plant Success does not produce the mycorrhizae or bacteria that they put in their products. They buy it from someone just like Advanced Nutrients does. There are only 2 major companies that actually produce endo mycorrhizae in the US. RTI and Mycorrhizal Applications.

Jerry how can you say that Great White is pure mycorrhizae? It is full of BACTERIA, and TRICHODERMA as well as B1 and humic acid. It also has a bunch of ecto mycorrhizae which is absolutely useless in horticulture because it only associates with trees. Also Mycorrhizae is not bacteria/fungus, it is just fungus.

8. Also, Liquid mycorrhizae is still not possible at this point in time. Even though companies are making products that claim to be liquid mycorrhizae it is a joke. Mycorrhizae does not live in liquid, it is terrestrial, it needs oxygen. You put it in water or any liquid it drowns. They put other ingredients in them to give you some result but guess what? It isn't mycorrhizae doing the work.

9. Soo....im growing in coco, and start all my seeds in their final homes(3gallon smart pots).

Basically the conflicting info I have read in here is that you shouldnt premix it in water in order for it to work....you have to dust the rootball with it when you transplant? Is there a way to effectively use this stuff if I sprout my seeds in their final pots? I dont start seeds in small pots and work my way up, why put the plant thru so much extra stress? I dont think its necessary.....the only reason I would transplant anything is if I take clones off a plant and it has rooted and needs to go into a pot.

Anybody?

10. #50 thesage3, Aug 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2011
    where did you get ur info=?
    you must of made it up.
    look at thrive's bottle it lists the ingredients don't think you can list something thats not in the bottle?

11. the reason u should start in a smaller pot is to develop a strong root system. starting in a 3 gal pot unless u let it dry out repeatedly "not recomended with coco" will not force the roots to spread out, if u must use 3 gal to start water around the outside edge of the pot to force the roots to search for water. other wise watering right where the seedling is will not create healthy roots and you will have to water more when the plant gets bigger . big plant small rootball = more watering. weren't u the one where ur root shot straight to the bottom of the pot ? start ur sh!t in small pots and work ur way up you'll have better plants trust me.

12. so does that mean not to add great white in the resvoir or water and just sprinkle it on top of the medium or root ball??????

13. So when you water your plants youre killing the mycorrhizaes? hmmm... :confused:
    Either im completely confused or your post was a boo boo :eek:

14. #54 ForbinsAscent, Sep 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2011
    Well those vermi-T bags have worked great for me, and I have brewed bacterial and fermenting teas, but I use my granular mycorrhizae as a soil amendment. not really mixed in, I just dust the surface of my transplants/cuttings so their roots can go right ahead into the colonies.

15. well here's another question then, when you flush your coco, wouldn't you be flushing a good portion of the bacteria that grew on the mycorrhizae fungi? im all for helping my plants, but i really wish at least one of you guys didn't just add something to your setup and see good results (i mean let's face it, we all learn from our mistakes rather than victories, right?).

from what i read, i get that the myco works to produce an environment for bacteria, but wouldn't you need to replace it everytime you flush? bacteria also die all of the time for whatever reason, say i don't water evenly or overwater and it kills them, couldn't that be toxic for our plants??

i base all of my questions off of problems i had with marine life having worked with saltwater creatures prior to this. i understand that trying to recreate the earth is very hard, especially when you want to do it in the soil or coco your plant's are in, or even in my case with a 3 gallon picotope setup with more than one fish.

anyway, does anybody with a degree have any info? (just kidding you don't need a degree, but try to understand what i mean)

16. [quote name='"VintageWood4U"']Also, Liquid mycorrhizae is still not possible at this point in time. Even though companies are making products that claim to be liquid mycorrhizae it is a joke. Mycorrhizae does not live in liquid, it is terrestrial, it needs oxygen. You put it in water or any liquid it drowns. They put other ingredients in them to give you some result but guess what? It isn't mycorrhizae doing the work.[/quote]

There is a new liquid Myco product from Plant Success called Orca. It just came out. I've never used it and don't carry it at my store yet...

17. [quote name='"miscbrah3284"']Soo....im growing in coco, and start all my seeds in their final homes(3gallon smart pots).

Basically the conflicting info I have read in here is that you shouldnt premix it in water in order for it to work....you have to dust the rootball with it when you transplant? Is there a way to effectively use this stuff if I sprout my seeds in their final pots? I dont start seeds in small pots and work my way up, why put the plant thru so much extra stress? I dont think its necessary.....the only reason I would transplant anything is if I take clones off a plant and it has rooted and needs to go into a pot.

Anybody?[/quote]

Save some money and get Extreme Gardening Mykos WP.
    http://xtreme-gardening.com/mykos/mykos-wp/

Amazing line of products. RTI is one of the few actual myco producers in the world. Plant Success sources some of their strains from them.

18. I don't have a degree in botany, but I can tell you right now that there's not much of a point to flushing organic media. your plant will use the nutrients it can and when it raches maturity, return most of the nutrients back into the ground. Thus the plant won't contain nitrogen, potassium, or other nutrients that make smoke harsh by the end of it's life cycle, and flushing seems useless with organics. having the bacteria and fungi in soil is not hard, if you get your dirt and nutrients at the right place. a 2.5 cf bale of peat moss, if you find the right type, will cost around 12$ and contain high bacterial populations. fine/pure earth worm castings will similarly be ful of beneficials. there's a lot of anecdotal evidence of these that's useful (unless you have a microscope)- i just harvested a plant, and the next day the dirt was popping up with all kinds of spores.

19. not gunna lie, i grabbed a headband clone today and when i transplanted it into its final home i threw in a little over a tablespoon of this mykos "its alive" stuff instead of using the great white....i figured id say the great white for some of the others once they catch up.

20. :wave:try bio-ag's VAM .i saw a grow with this and gw and one other product.vam appeared to be superior product.search lumperdawgz post aboutthis product &info on benificials in general.I think he has a Phd. or two.even if he doesnt he knows his stuff:smoke: