Anyone use Great White?

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by masterlights, Apr 13, 2011.

1. oh. haha thanx:smoke:

2. I dont think that you can add to much.....but why wast it when so little works. I know there are different applactions for soil and hydro.....does a hydro used have to stop anytime before harvest

3. #23 thesage3, May 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2011
  4. There are many products that have mycorrhizal fungi in it but I didnt learn of the stiff till I bought Great White...when Im done with the bottle I am not buying it n e more when I can find the same stuff cheaper

5. Great White is not at all expensive imo. Myco Madness is a slightly cheaper alternative.

6. yea I edited my post I didn't realize it makes that many gallons. but I still think its over priced

7. because your roots wont really grow to much more but you still can, imo enzymes are more useful then benes in later flowering, use the great white to develope a strong root system before the light flip;)

8. thesage is right. dont be paying that much for an 8oz. container. i use a product from extreme gardening (guy who formed the company grows the BIGGEST fruits/vegetables in the world) called Mykos. you can get a little bag of it that will easily do 6 plants in 1gal containers for like $2.00, less or more depending on where u live probably. my roots have never been better.

9. my hydro shop gave me a free baggie of that stuff....I was scared to use it though for my first grow....i think im gunna try it on my next grow....

maybe try it with my 2 current clones? I have 2 clones still in 4 inch square pots, if I transplant them into 2 gallon pots could i still use mykos or should I just wait to use it next time? I dont really understand the stuff, im gunna google it right now

10. i use great white and i think its amazing. i think it works more effectivley with unsulphured mollasses, as compared to other carbohydrates (ex. bud candy). i have used other products similar (humboldt nutes myco madness + myco maximum, ANs voodoo juice piranha and tarantula, also one more brand my buddy gave me that was cheaper)and i have yet seen one to compare. i think great white + mayan microzyme + molasses = happy roots.

11. Yea its funny, the company called Plant Success makes the Great White and the guys at Plant Success are the ones who actually produce the beneficial bacterias and sell them to Advanced Nutrients and those other companies. Great White has ALL sorts of species of beneficial bacteria whereas voodoo juice, piranha, and tranatula COMBINED make up what Great White is ..... all in one relatively inexpensive bottle.

Just look up the species on the labels of the bottles and compare for yourself

And yes, molasses or any other carbohydrate used along with the great white will result in very happy roots :)

I use great white in veg for every watering (hand water in coco) but stop once i start flower because by then your roots should be mad colonized with those little bacteria. I go a half scoop/5 gallons every watering with my nutrient solution during veg.

*B-Vitamins are not neccessary to use with Great White because B-Vitamins are already infused into Great White.

*I always mix the Great White after I pH my solution because i fear the pH up or down will kill off the bacteria before its completely mixed and also because it doesnt change the pH anyways.

Hope this info helps and attracts people to Great White's awesomeness

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. well I'm not trying to start a debate but I emailed this other company about great white and this is what they sent me. I'm going to email great white today.
    [FONT=&quot]Good Afternoon![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Thank you for our inquiry. After checking out Great White, it appears the main difference in it and THRIVE is that it comes as a powder or dry formula. Our biologist explains that when you dry out bacteria you only get about 60-65% viability. With liquid you get 100%. We believe you are paying for 100% so it is not good to lose 40% of the bacteria after this process.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]THRIVE products are all liquid based and are also a mixture of 18 beneficial bacteria and the Mycorrhizal Fungi as well. To our knowledge we are currently the only manufacturer that has combined them in a liquid formula.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Also check out our new website www.usethrive.com [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

13. Thanks....I was wondering about that my self. Glad there is alternative to useing a powder

14. Thesage3,

Heres a list of the active ingredients in Flower Thrive:

Bacillus subtillis 8,000,000 CFU/mL
    Pseudomonas aerugiensis 8,000,000 CFU/mL
    Bacillus thurngiensis 8,000,000 CFU/mL
    Pseudomonas fluourescens 8,000,000 CFU/mL
    Glomus intraradius .40 spores/mL
    G. aggregatum .40 spores/mL
    G. mossaae .13 spores/mL
    G. etunicatum .13 spores/mL
    Total bacteria and fungus 0.4%

Great White Shark has different beneficial bacteria. Great White includes all the ones listed by Thrive PLUS Trichoderma of varying species (something Thrive is missing unfortunately). And good point about the powder vs liquid. I have heard the same thing... but I actually saw a new liquid Great White sample at my local hydro shop. So i think great white will be coming out with a liquid soon here.

:cheers:

15. actually thrive has more in it then listed , when I first bought it I bought the veg ,flower,and new plant formulas after getting home and reading the bottles I realized that the ingredients they have listed on the back are the same. same amounts and everything. so I emailed the company cause I thought I bought 3 bottles of the same stuff,they emailed back saying that their product actually contains 19 plus species and they're not all listed and that each formulas are different. so thats not the entire list. plus I did email great white to ask them the same ? and all they said the difference was , was that thrive is in liquid form and great white is not. very unimpressed answer from great white.

16. "Great White" is mycorrhizae - pure and simple. No additives. Mycorrhizae is beneficial bacteria/fungus that works with your plant, forming a symbiotic (working together) relationship. The mycorrhizal fungus carries nutrients to your plants roots - hence, the more nutrients the plant gets, then obviously the bigger and healthier it will get. The plant secretes sugars to feed the mycorrhizae - this is why molasses is used when growing, simply to feed the mycorrhizae. When using mycorrhizae, your plant will produce a much larger and more intricate root system, with many, many more "tracer" roots - the small, fine "hair" type offshoot roots. The more roots, the more nutrition the plant is able to take in, the bigger and healther it gets, Very simple.

Mycorrhizae are happiest when used in a strictly organic medium, as harsh chemical nutrients can and will kill them, but it can be used in hydro systems as well. For a hydro system, Canna's "Ryhzotonic" would be a good alternative, as it comes in a liquid form, but the Great White would work well too. Its just not happiest when it comes in contact with hydroponic chemical nutrients, as it is really an organic life form. It is alive.

Great White is not a nutrient, a micronutrient, an ammendment, etc. It is simply Mycorrhizae - which, in my opinion, is an ESSENTIAL part of any gardeners product shelf. If you are not sure what mycorrhizae is, it would be very beneficial to do some Google researxh on it. It makes for some very interesting reading and is very beneficial for your knowledge of how plants grow.

I hoped this helped. I have seen tremendous differences when using mycorrhizae, There is simply no comparison as to when using it - or not using it. By rights, your clones root systems should be dusted with mycorrhizae before transplant. Mycorrhizae NEEDS root contact in order to work.

Good luck.

jerry.

17. Just had to chime in here - Canna Rhizotonic has the liquid aspect covered as well. It is not 100% mycorrhizae, as it has vitamins etc. mixed in, but boy what a great, easy to use product.

just my .02c.

Have a good Sunday!

jerry.

18. If you are growing in Coco or Soil - please - this is a ONE TIME USE/APPLICATION/INNOCULATION.

Dust your clones roots once during transplant. THATS IT!

This gets your biological "microherd" established. Any more, such as mixing it in with your water is a waste. Mycorrhizae NEEDS root contact to work. Mixing it in with your water does not do any good AT ALL, except perhaps in a full hydroponic system, If you are growing in any kind of a Coco or Soil medium, the one application during transplant is all thats needed. After that, the molasses is used to feed the herd, but no more mycorrhizae is used. Its just a waste after that first application/innoculation. They WILL reproduce on thier own! Fast!

So - during transplant, dust your root zone with mycorrhizae - in this case Great White. After this, just give them some molasses here and there to feed them. Thats it. Any more is simply a waste of your money.

Hope this helps.

jerry.

19. In fact that does help alot, thank you!

20. ok good stuff but one ? that pops into my head is in the earlier post you mention how organic fert is best used with the myco "which I agree" but I think its safe to say that not everyone growing in coco or soil is going all organic, so wouldn't that first innoc be killed off or harmed by the use of certain ferts or supplements? and coco is pretty much hydro the plant gets everthing from the water which if you mixed in the mycos the water would come in contact with the roots. :confused: