Anyone try these Roleadro led's?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Sickomindo, Feb 17, 2017.

1. These things look weird and I just bought one off of Amazon 600 W for $144. Each LED is full spectrum instead of each individual LED it's on own spectrum looks much smoother on the eyes.

I have a 4x4 tent now and I'm like in the seventh week of flowering if I get this like in the next week do you think I should throw this thing in there the last two weeks? What do you think of the light specifically?

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Looks bad ass to me the reviews look solid and definitely daisychaining to these together would definitely make a 4 x 4 pop but I'm wondering what would happen if I took my H PS out the last two weeks of grow and popped this one in.
    Right now my HPS is 600 W from Apollo I'm just sick of the heat issue not to mention the bulk these LEDs sound like especially if you daisychain two together you would get what you need it's funny because a couple years ago when I started this whole thing it sounded like most growers were saying the technology wasn't quite there yet to me I'm reading a pulse that saying a little differently nowadays.

3. This technology shown still sucks. these are still chinese knockoff lights with high failure rates on the diodes. dont believe reviews. click on the reviewers themselves and backtrack them, always BS accounts that have give like 10 products glowing 5 star reviews. hps is tried and true, upgrade to cobs or stick with it, IMO.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Ty opinion noted. You are probably correct but why do I keep seeing high-end LED lights being compared lately more to HPS? Not just cobs but others as well. Wouldn't a 600 W good quality LEDs be comparable to say what I have now 600 W HPS Apollo? I also understand they don't pull what they say wattage wise.

5. Shit man, for 144 bucks it seems worth a shot. Not sure if I would replace a 600w hps with it though, normally these "600w" led panels only put out about 265-275 actual watts. So your yield would probably suffer without that HID

6. unless you can compare PARwatts or PPFD, it is tough to compare. but if you look at the lumens, each of these produce about 9,000 lumens and your HPS produces about 70,000

• Like Like x 1
  7. Supposedly lumens don't mean shit when you're comparing LEDs it's all about par but what about high-end LEDs like spectrum kings, blackdog, kind ,ect ect?

By the way I canceled the order.

• Like Like x 1
  8. high end leds usually list ParWatts. my opinion is that 600w HPS is good and reliable if you can vent the heat. to upgrade from there, cob is best. 2 of these will beat your hps for 33% less energy and 50% less heat. 200 Watt Citizen CLU048 Linear Framework there are others like tasty led and such too.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I'm building a 4 cob light that cost around 175 bucks that will work better than this thing.

• Like Like x 3
  10. 600watts of cob led yes. That cheap Chinese junk no. Check out timbergrowlights.com, cobkits.com, rapid led, cutter, artificial sun specialty, there are a few more. Avoid amazon or eBay whenever possible for led. They are overloaded with blurple junk and false reviews

• Like Like x 1
  11. Quantum boards look awesome as well

12. Awesome advice guys ty. My concern is from all the diy's for cobs i been seeing, it looks like you might have to really know some shit to put it all together. Where do i go if im nowhere near a idiot with two left thumbs, but never or dont know how to solder?

13. Timber has pre wired kits, and even completely assembled framework. Dan their customer service guy is awesome and can answer any technical questions. I know the diy stuff can look intimidating, but those prewired kits are as easy as it gets.

14. No soldering required either, plug an play. But if you still doubt being able to get it going, timbers framework fixtures ship ready to hang and turn on

15. The LED blurples are ALWAYS underpowered ( that is how they can prolong the diodes life ) .... 600w led pulls less than half what is advertised. There are some CHEAP panels that would benefit flowering ( G8 DEEP RED ) as these are running 630-660nm leds only. And work well.

I use these to SUPPLEMENT the COB/Quantum Board rig i have running.
    image.jpg

As far as cheap panels that work .... ViparSpectra. There are numerous grows using these. I still use one on some grows - it has a blue/white light compared to say a mars which is pinky purple. It works very well for what it is - just keep both switches on for entire grow.

As far as Mars Hydro ... Been there done that .
    I gutted an old mars and reborn this cheap panel into a high powered Quantum Board build dubbed :THE BATWING. The center USED TO BE A MARS but now is more efficient. I just kept the fans and fan driver , pulled old blurple panel out and replaced with QB. ( times 3 ) .

image.jpg

16. Ya i been reading on there site. But your still looking at around $400+ for this kind of setup?

17. leds work better than hps in my opinion i yeild more pay less and dint worry about heat..... just cause somethings tried and tested dont mean it can be improved apon tho that said you cant just go buy any led pannel

Sent from my SM-G920F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  18. see those look great, probably pulling about a pound per run or close to it. if you went from that to pulling 3-4oz with some cheap amazon panels, you would be pissed. Led cobs are pricier to get into. $1.50-2.50 per watt prebuilt maybe down to $1/watt with DIY if you really put in your homework or follow someone elses work exactly.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I see ya. What about these then?
    Kessil LED Grow Light
    [​IMG]

I seen somebody selling these on craigslist one day and I thought they looked weird the technology sound something completely different than what we're talking about before hand these are men's as supplemental LEDs that require very little power and very little space.

• Like Like x 1