Anyone try these b4?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by prez420, Jan 17, 2012.

1. #1 prez420, Jan 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2012
    Anyone try these b4? 6" x 18" CARBON AIR FILTER PRO COMBO SIX inch Duct FAN INLINE EXHAUST hydroponic | eBay

I worry about that because I heard bad things about those fans will atleast the inline duct boosters which look almost the same as this fan. I just wanna know if this combo is going to move enough air to keep my 400w hps/mh cool in its cooltube plus filter out the smell.

Grow space = 4x2x6 Total plants = 4 THC Bomb females

2. bump for the love of bump

3. Well, it says that it moves 165 cubic feet per minute. I would imagine that would be enough? I don't have an air cooled hood myself, but i'm using one of the bigger, high velocity 4" 195cfm fan with a similar carbon filter to exhaust my grow closet. Works great. Moves a TON of air, actually make sure you get an intake fan of some kind as well. I definitely need one.

4. I have a 6" cooltube it's not a hood is more like a glass tube that has holes on the ends for air ducting. So there isn't a lot of resistance beside the two corners on ether end of the light but I believe if I use the 6" metal air duct corner from lowes I wont loose that much air flow on the corners. What worries me is the carbon filter I just don't know if that style fan can pull hard enough to over come the filter.

Is your fan the same style fan ig axle with a blade attached to it or is it one of those blower types that have a barrel fan blade ? I am trying to go as quite as possible I hear bad stories of people getting busted cuz their vent system was making to much noise I don't want to be one of those people.

5. How much noise does that set up make ?

6. Mine is not like that, mine is one of those can style blowers. Mines not horrible loud and I have it exhausting into my bedroom. I imagine if you could exhaust into an attic or something then there would be very little sound.

7. by can style blower do u mean one like the first one I posted minus the filter or do u mean one like spacejerk234 posted ?

Also can you give me something to compare the sound to like is it louder or quieter than a standard box fan on high ?

8. #10 gobiasomecoffee, Jan 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2012
    check out my growroom video, that is my fan on full blast. I have the exact same one that tda listed, only I have the 4" version. Got it of amazon. And yes, it is the same style as the one spacejerk linked to.

[​IMG]

9. #11 prez420, Jan 19, 2012
    I was surprised how quite it is I expected it to atleast be as loud as a vacuum cleaner. Even though I have a 6" cooltube I think I am going to go with a 4" fan/filter I dont think I need 6" for a little 400w HID. I will keep the cost and space req down. You grow room looks about the same size as mine but yours is alot nicer. That zipper door is awesome did u custom make that or did u buy it like that? Thanx for all the great info.

10. [quote name='gobiasomecoffee']check out my growroom video, that is my fan on full blast. I have the exact same one that tda listed, only I have the 4" version. Got it of amazon. And yes, it is the same style as the one spacejerk linked to.

Nice setup man. Im going run mine through the attic.it a 6inch inline fan 440 cfms and the filter is 6x20 at a 465 cfms so can handle the fans pull. Now i know from your video that it wont be that loud i might even go as far as getting one like your just to run thr filter and use the 6in for my light. Is it better to put the filter in the closet or on the ass end of the fan ?

11. #13 gobiasomecoffee, Jan 19, 2012
    It is more efficient to suck the air through the filter. It also is more efficient at eliminating odors this way. Yea, if i was able to vent the exhaust portion of that into the attic, it would be almost unnoticeable. Stupid old house made of stone walls.

So. any method that the air from your grow room is being pulled through the filter, and not pushed will work.

IE Filter => Fan => ducting => attic
    or Filter => Ducting => Fan => ducting => attic

Or in your specific case:
    Filter inside grow room => ducting => cooltube => ducting => fan => ducting => attic

Both of those will work fine, just try to eliminate bends to get the maximum efficiency out of your equipment. I would imagine that large of a fan will be able to overcome plenty though.

12. #14 prez420, Jan 19, 2012
    I was going to go CF>Fan>Cool Tube>Ducting>Exhaust. The reason for that was cuz i didnt want to damage the fan by having hot air run though it. Pulling through the carbon filter is better than pushing right ?

13. hmm, I suppose that would work too? I've never heard of anyone being worried about heat going through their fans though? But it's your room man, do what you want!

But yes, you want to be pulling air through that carbon filter, not pushing.

14. I have this setup behind a door and it can not be heard unless you stand right next to the door when it is set to full blast. When I have it dialed down, which is most times, it can not be heard from behind the door.

15. You should check out rumpleforeskin closet on gc you can go to diy its like the 10 one down on the forum his does dwc i thank the thread is let build a bubble bucket.this guy has the setup im going to copy. I bet he has at least 3500 if not more in to it.