Anyone try LED grow lights?htgsupply

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by WhitewidowMan, Nov 30, 2007.

1. ive been looking to add some LEDs to my existing lighting and was checking out the LED grow lights from HTG supply,the one im interested is there 168 LED spotlight with mixed spectrum LED's.they claim it draws only 13 watts and is effecient as a 400 watt MH.it can be seen here: http://www.htgsupply.com/viewproduct.asp?productID=52258
    from HTG's website:
    "LEDs are nearly 100% efficient at plant growth! This is 10 times the efficiency of a Sodium or Halide light, so therefore this converts to the same output as a 400 watt Sodium fixture! "

what do you guys think?

Thanks!

2. I don't know about 10 times as efficient. I heard it was more like 4x. 100w led = 400w mh.

not 100% on this, hope this helps

3. Indeed I also am keen to know more of the LED Option

4. Also interested in LED lighting

5. yeah i would, love to start using them also, at least for vegging.

6. This months issue of HIGH TIMES (jan.) says that the march issue will be alot about leds. In there it says 90w led = 400w hps but an ad in the same magazine (something called a ufo) says 90w = 600w. we'll see. I see a bunch of LED threads in our future.

7. I think they Use a general description for both the single light and the pack of five, it would make much more sense if 5x13 Watt LEDs = 1x400W HID. Just a thought.