anyone think this is a good idea for a grow box

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by smokinhomegrown, Oct 30, 2013.

1. i was in my kitchen smokin and i looked over at my oven and had an epiphany use a range vent hood for a lighting and ventilation on top of a grow box... they are cheap and very easy to come by and in my head i did some custome lighting hitting roughly 350 watts its already shaped like a refelctor and it is white dimensions are about 3 feet x 2.5 feet and about 10 to 12 inches deep i was thinking a box about 5 ft high and 4x4 looking for some advice before i throw money around modding this thing up...

2. hmm...i would say that "reflector" idea doesnt sound awful. sounds like you dont have much to work with...so work with what you do have. im renting one of my moms houses and she has left an array of things for me to use. everything from light clamps to duct for venting. try looking around. if your going to use a box cover with mylar from wal mart. inexpensive and apparently its better than aluminum foil...what kind of lighting will you be using...cfls? hps? 350 watts would be a good grow. just make sure you have something that can circulate the air throughout about every 5-10 minutes if not constantly...

------all cyber followers, youre gay, none is this shit is real. we dont really grow cannabis, its hypothetical and a great time waster. leave me alone. thanks:)

3. ya im planning on rewiring it with seperate power for fan and lighting using cfls thinking 4 100w bulbs and the vent moves quite a bit of air and going to have that on a timer .... i have new ideas all the time so no telling which way im going to take it... im looking for a cheap mh/hps kit but everything i have been seeing is overprices or more than i need

4. the over priced part comes with mh/hps lights...period. BUT you get what you pay for...honestly grow with those cfls, wait for more money and then get those expensive ones. gotta start somewhere...the bottom provides learning and wisdom.