anyone tech please help

Discussion in 'General' started by KottonMouthKang, Aug 9, 2007.

1. sup yall. i just bought a fm transmitter for my ipod but like a dumb ass i didnt check if any of the channels were available and now i find out that none are. so if anyone knows how to open up the transmitter and rewire it or something to make it play on an open channel please help a fellow blade out.

heres what i bought if it helps: http://cgi.ebay.com/2-IN-1-FM-TRANS...ryZ73836QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

2. What do you mean you don't have the stations? They aren't supposed to be valid radio stations you listen to.. The point of an FM transmitter is to cover any existing broadcasts, and generally use frequencies that aren't popular.

The particular one you bought, I have... it works alright, i've yet to find one that works really really well..

As for "rewiring" it.. i haven't opened mine up, but from my research most fm transmitters have a simple antenna in it with a wire wrapped around a magnet specific to a certain range. The power of the magnetic flux generates the "frequencies" desired, however they can be a bit unstable and inaccurate... It's kind of a fly by the wire (no pun intended really) situation.

You have a very limited success rate with fixing it to your desired station.

3. Get a faceplate with a AUX imput, and just use a cord for that, best sound quality without actually using CD's.