anyone still play nintendo 64? ps2?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by 420time229, Jul 11, 2013.

1. i still do and love it. 
    donkey kong
    jet force gemini
    nfl blitz 2000 (awesome game with no rules!)
    mario 64
    super smash bros

ps2-
    gta,san andreas,vice city
    need for speed.
    tony hawks american wasteland is still one my favorite games ever

whats yours if you play either of the 2?

2. i wish i had my 64!! i sold it last year for some weed money haha.. id be playing mario carts fasho..

still love my gamecube though

3. Have been meaning to play through ocarina of time again soon. WIll likely do that.

Have been playing gamecube as of late though, Windwaker, Super mario Sunshine. Classics

4. I brought one off of Craigslist like 2 months ago it came with blitz 2000 and wrestle mania 2000 and wwf no mercy. All for 30 bucks with a controller.

I love if. Since then I brought a shitload more games, including both Zelda games and i just love getting baked an playing them.

Makes me miss the days when Nintendo was actually good.

5. Who doesn't love going back and playing some American Wasteland or San Andreas? PS2 will always hold a special place in my heart. 

6. I STILL PLAY STAR FOX 64 ON MY N64!!

7. dude those are my 2 most fave games for ps2

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Beating THAW for the first time still is one of my favorite gaming moments. ^_^ 

9. I wish I still had my N64 & PS2. I had so many great games. Mario Kart, Diddy Kong Racing, Goldeneye, Star Fox 64, Super Mario 64, SSB. Was a diehard Spyro, Crash, and Ratchet & Clank fan.

Would be a blast going back and playing those games after 10+ years

10. #10 dmike, Jul 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2013
    Old pics, lots of, "new" additions.  But you get the idea;

[​IMG]

The CRT I have for retro systems because they look like shit on a plasma.  The Neo Geo is a consolized system I built.  In other words, it's an arcade board from a cabinet that I modified to work like a game console that takes controllers and plays on a regular TV (kind of like a supergun, sorta).

[​IMG]

Here's a joystick I made for the Dreamcast.  There are just too many fighters and shooters to be using the DC controller. 
    I used all cheap Happ arcade parts, and an empty sterling flatware box I picked up at a thrift store and a DC controller pcb taken from an official sega controller. 
    Great size, and it's velvet covered.  The VMU card plugs into the side of the controller, away from the controls.
    Best controller ever, not for sale :)

[​IMG]

Yes, I still play all the old stuff.  TBH, I thought the N64 was a pretty bad system.  However, there are a few great titles for it.  Must haves are like Ocarina of Time (although this is available on 7 platforms so n64 not necessary), Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros, Conker's Bad Fur Day, and a couple others.

My wife and two of her friends were over and we plugged in Super Smash Bros.  With the 4 of us on teamplay after a few bowls, it was an absolute riot.  Most fun I've had in a very long time.

11. I've been playing Midnight club 3, sonic adventure 2, and vice city stories.  I just beat GTA SA.  So yea.  The simplicity of old games just make them so enjoyable lol.

12. #12 dmike, Jul 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2013

GTA SA is the best game on ps2 and the best in the GTA franchise, in my opinion.  Just my opinion don't put a hit out on me!

That is one of the very few games I've found in life that I couldn't put down, like crack or something.  I could simply not stop playing this game until it was done.  I should go back and play it again.

13. No other game have I wasted so much of my life on.  I went through so much disks.  Hell I don't know if you heard of san andreas multiplayer for the PC but I played that from sun up to sun down for 3 years straight.

14. Nope, never got to do the MP with that game.  I did play it on GTA IV for 360 a few times and wasn't really impressed, just wasn't my thing.