Anyone seen this before?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Frasier, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Ph is 5.5-6 water has been left to sit for 30 hours before use. Using new cocotek coco coir temp is 77 mars hydro 300w leds 1ft away humidity is uknown. Ppm of tap water is 200 feeding with diluted flora trio as suggested.
    [​IMG]
    This happened to 3 plants so far.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  2. Im stumped by what the issue could be as well. I just looked up the coco that you are using and apparently a lot of people have had issues with it and all GH suggested was to flush the medium properly before you use it. Dont know why one should have to do this, I can use my Canna prof plus straight out of the bag

3. def some burning going on. I would suggest taking your medium and doing a major flush before starting again. maybe even get some distilled water and flush it again. then apply your 1/8 strength nutes and raise your light up to 24" high

4. IMO only, I really think giving any nutes at the seed stage is not good, I have tried coco once and didn't have good luck with it, So I went back to my Promix HP. It seemed using coco I always had to adjust things which in my HP I hardly ever have any problems with. I accidently went and bought a bag of Promix and I didn't see the CC on the side of the bag, before I knew it, I was have major problems, because I don't use nutes very often only when they look like they need some attention.
    maybe let them go for a few days and see if the leaves come back. without any nutes.
    Good luck hope you get it figured out.

5. I appreciate all the responses but here's the thing I intentionally left out. The coco in the channel+ is different from the other plants that had the same issues also the seedlings that first showed this issue were given no nutrients and yet they had the leaves shrivel up too. I'm absolutely certain it has nothing to do with the medium or nutrients.

6. then raise the light up/change it out to cfls. and start one in a peat pellet or rapid rooter, surrounded by coco/perlite

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ill try but it may not be an option. someone has my only ballasts and I'm not in a position to get new ones any time soon.

8. CFLs to start is a good idea, use RO water to to eliminate that as the issue.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

9. Plants in Coco need food as soon as they get their 1st set of real leaves. The Coco has no food in it. My one Coco grow that was slow to start was due to a lack for nutes when the 1st set of leaves showed up. But they were pale, not looking like thethis.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  10. I'm working on making some purified water right now

11. i have seen it before. my first 4 seedlings i started direct in promix, they all shrivelled like that. i had been told promix was fine for seedling, but my bag of it was certainly too strong. after a few days i took them all and washed them out of the promix and replanted in a seedling starter mix, 1 of 4 survived.

12. Well then how could it be the same thing? Promix is soil this is coco

13. burn is burn, no? ok, lets try this. run some RO water thru a small container of the coco. test the PH and PPMs of the runoff and lets see where you are at.

14. Hmm. I'm not sure all burns are created equal but I see what you mean

15. That cocotek shit has a lot of stuff on it. I couldn't get any good runoff for ph but it kicked the ppm up by 150 atleast so there is my answer.

I am a fuckwit.

16. like i said, it happened to me too. i did that test of my promix and my starting ppm was 550. After i burned the shit out of 4 seeds. use some drip Kleen or just flush lots of water thru in a smart pot or fabric bag of some sort. enough to fill up your cups. after they are ready for transplant from solo cups they will handle the nutes in the coco no problem.

17. Guess not
    Azz did you ever do a runoff ppm check yet?

18. Yeh.

19. Was it high or low
    Im going say high