Anyone running Spydrx 685w

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Will work for weed, Jul 31, 2016.

1. How'd your grow turn out w/ the Spyders? Looked promising.

2. Can anyone explain how to use the Fluence dimmer? Which channel do you plug into your light?
    What output levels and settings do you use?

Thanks.

3. Hey happytrees...did you ever find any good info on using your Solunar controller? I just got one and it's not intuitive at all. Figured out the channel thing but everytime I break power to it the thing loses any setting I had put in it. I'm going to have to figure out the dimming thing before using..that light is bright as hell.

4. I had to set it in the manual settings and set it in the profile. I connected the light to a heavy duty timer. Vegging at 20%-30% was enough i found. Kept the light at 6" off canopy.

5. I've found the spydrx plus to be very efficient for me. Cost of electricity by me isn't the cheapest, so the 300w drop is almost 40$ a month off my electric, that's 480$ per year electric savings over a 1k HPS. Less need for cooling and general HVAC, more cost savings. The 100,000 hour lifespan leads to upwards of 10 yrs maintenance free. For me, the long term ROI of this light is at ~3 years. This was my reasoning for its purchase over a HID system, this brand of LED over others was about the warranty, parts, general quality of product.

I definitely agree with having a dimmer, and that the solunar is... finicky, everyone's seems to work different.
    I keep mine 12" from canopy, any closer and the ladies get a bit upset.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. I've been running the SpydrX Plus since the plants were 4 weeks from seed. Always 6ish inches above the canopy. I'm I week into flowering now. Never had any burn issues.

Attached Files:

7. omg yes... used these and love em.. Won't buy another led until this is topped!

8. also quick comment about these lights--- if the ladies are forced to stretch a little they are lengthy and not so bushy. If properly topped and spread with the Fimming process the light will penetrate perfectly down and a little no no lolli is ness. Just saying i have started a DBL scrog system result are in BIG WINNERS!

9. I just got my 4 Spydrx Plus lights today.. do any after market dimmers work with these??

10. i have a 10 x 10 tent & i am currently debating between 3 lights. platinumled, spectrum king, & the spydrx plus. can anyone recommend how many of each i would need to fill my tent so that i can weigh my pros & cons on cost including electric bill etc? this is a lot of money i will be investing so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! super thanks in advance!!!

11. hahah thanks for the reply. i figured that! i'm just really stumped atm on what lights to get from the 3 i named above. my friends currently have a 10 x 10 going with 6 p600 platinum led's & they have no complaints thus far & the plants are beasting. i initially wanted to get the same but he told me to look into either spectrum king or spydrx plus so we can compare our 2 tents & the yield.

12. I don't think you will have problem with any of them bud. They're all top brands.
    Have you seen these qb120s? There are some amaaaaaaazing results on them and they're really well priced if your not in the UK.

I am gonna have a go at building one out of some old boards and led units I've got lying round at home.

SOUR DIESEL AND GHOST TRAIN HAZE before the gg4 crosses start to go in.
    SOUR DEISEL, STRAWBERRY HAZE first run to test before the gorilla glue #4 go in!

13. Sent from my LG-H932 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Im running one now, ill be posting pics tonight. Its like a hole in the floor of heaven opened up and is casting its beautiful glow over the canopy of your plants. It is truly a magnificient piece of technology.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. 9 plants in 3 gal smart pots for me.

16. Their new dimmers are coming out by Jan 1.