anyone relate to me?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by cvitt4478, Mar 10, 2013.

1. #1 cvitt4478, Mar 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2013
    well im from warwick, RI, ive never really lived in the ghetto before, but my life has been pretty shitty. my dad was a drugaddict (alot of heroine and coke) before i was even born, and my mom is bypolar. well for about the first 6-7 years of my life i lived in coventry with my mom dad and older brother. literally everyday me and my brother would have to listen to my mom and dad scream at each other, i was to young to realize wheat they were fighting about (but i assume it was cause my dad was spending all his money on drugs and OD'ing in fron of me and my brother, a couple times we saw my mom pull knives on my dad like right up to his neck.

we moved to a place called Navy Drive in North kingstown RI when i was about 7, because my mom divorced my dad. it was almost semi-ghetto, basically for people who had no were else to go. i was with my mom and brother at that point. i had a best friend living there that always had my back and shit, a couple times when i was about 9-10 there was a kid who was 16 who beat me up and shit and i remember one time i got sprayed in the eyes with axe by him i was kneeling on the ground cause it hurt so bad, my friend ran at him with a bat and got him in the leg a couple times and it was amazing. the kid never tried anything with me again.

well when i was about 10 my mom got a boyfriend who lived in NY. after about only 2 months of knowing him she had us move in with him in the Broncs. we were in a very poor, very irish neighborhood and all my friends parents were either alcholics or drugaddicts. after about maybe 3-4 months my mom and her bf broke up and we moved back to navy drive. when i was 12 she got another boyfriend and moved in with him right away again. now by this time ive been visiting my dad on weekends(but he went to rehab when i was about 11-12) and he was moving like every month (this was before he went to rehab) whenever i would go over my dads house i would always see him shooting up heroine, also drug dealing and all that shit. well when we moved in with my moms boyfriend he had 2 kids, one boy that was my age, and one girl that was maybe 3-4 years younger. her bf treated me and my brother like shit. whenever his kids did anything bad the guy would find away to blame it on me and my brother, occording to him we were just two little assholes.

well my brother got sick of being treated badly so he started yelling back at my moms boyfriend. so my moms boyfriend tried to send my brother away. my brother moved in with my cousin for a couple months. but my mom wanted him to come back so he did. the night they both broke up i was in my room alone and my mom comes in crying and high(smelling like weed) apparently she was looking for her bf when she saw in the window he was in bed with the goddamn neighbor, so she broke in and beat the shit out of him and the neighbor. the day after that happend to be my birthday, me my mom and my brother were packing up to leave the house and move somewhere else when a cruiser pulled up and arrested my mom, i was really sad and concerned. but it ended up her not having to go to jail, since it was her first offense. well after that we were straight up homelessl. we moved into a homeless shelter, where we basically shared a 15x15 room with each other(me, my mom, and my brother) there were some crackheads in there, and an ex-child molester moved in the next room from ours. we were there for about 6 months, then we moved to an apartment building (decent size).

well my mom got another bf, but she didnt move in with him right away but she stayed over at his house overnight almost everyday. well my dad had just gotten out of rehab and my mom let him move into our apartment, i was happy until my moms friend also moved in and she was a drug addict, so i was always finding needles in places like under the couch near the tv, etc. my mom didnt notice because like i said she wasnt really there alot of the time. well eventually me, my mom, and my brother finally moved in with her bf and we lived in a 2 bedroom, 2 story house. i had a couple very bad situations living there but my mom is still with him and after i moved in there, i found out he was a really nice guy, and we are still living in the same house.
    i know what if feels like to just have to sit by and not be able to do anything about it.

has anyone been in any of the same situations as me? similar life? do you think ive been through alot? what would you expect someone who was brought up like me to be like?

oh and sorry for such a long thing im just at a point in my life where people act ghetto when there really not. ive never tried to act ghetto but i definitly think ive been through more than most people around me.

2. I think I should tell you that no one is going to read that, aside from maybe the first line or so and the end.

Really though, can you blame them? It is a big blob of letters, man.:cool:

3. You need to make it more in paragraphs so it easier to read.
    But, I made the effort to read it all. I can't say I have had that kind of life. I have been through a lot of shit in my life, but nothing to the extremes you said. On a side note, I live really close to you. But also, I don't stereotype against people with hard upbringings. I think every should have the right to prove who they are to me, not have me judge them before I know them.

4. If possible try to make a break between paragraphs. I usually could give two shits about grammar And that's coming from Someone with a degree in literature!

I only view GC On my phone and when I see text going on that long it's very hard on the eyes to read. Please take this in the friendliest way :)

Am just trying to help so that you get more responses. Maybe you could edit it and put a space in between paragraphs.

5. I thought I was pretty friendly.:cool:

6. I read it.

My mom was also bipolar, alcoholic and suicidal. My dad was borderline alcoholic and had depressive bouts- he was in the Navy and gone a lot.

Mom was unpredictable, sometime she was a great mom, other times "not so great", but her abuse of us was mostly mental. My brother got more of the physical abuses.

My parent's divoorce was bloody, both figuatively and literally. I can remember my brother and I coming home from riding bikes all day, to find Mom being carted away in an ambulance. She had cut her belly open in the kitchen. My Dad and her current boyfriend (Dad's cousin) were both there. We kids were hustled over to the neighbor's house, but not before we saw the blood on the floor. :(

We never were homeless, but close several times (Dad bailed her out of financial trouble more than once). Life with Mom was "interesting".

So yes, I can relate, hon.

What do I expect you to grow up to be? Stronger than your parents, more cautious and perhaps a bit wiser. Because of the pain you have endured, I think you will be more compassionate and protective of those who can't defend themselves.

Granny :wave:

7. where do you live?

8. I couldn't have said it better myself.